Ch.32 Brilliant Lies.

ALESSA POV

Ginger and I have been very intimate with each other, everything feels perfect except for the fact that I am still engaged to Emman.

We're like a newlywed couple, some people in our school and even our friends are starting to notice that we became extremely close, even my parents. I didn't deny it when they asked me if the rumor that they're hearing is true. I also told them that I will back out from my wedding and be with Ginger no matter what.

I will not let them tear us apart again, I will stand for her this time because my love for her is stronger now. Even though I still don't know if I can bring myself to tell Emman everything.

I sighed heavily at the thought. I'm sitting on the bench while waiting for Maya to come when I saw Janine walking, she didn't see me so I called her because I want to say something.

"Janine" she looked at me with a blank expression on her face. I'm sure she already knows about me and Ginger.

"What?" she asked me flatly while her arms crossed.

"I know you already know that Gin and I got back together" I started.

"Yes, so what's with it?" she's obviously not happy about it.

"Ginger doesn't want to stop seeing you though I told her to" I replied sighing which made her smirk.

"Really? It doesn't feel like it, she's not seeing me and I don't care if she won't" I frowned upon hearing her reply.

Is this for real? I asked mentally.

"So you already moved on from her?" I asked curiously.

"We've talked about it already, you're funny, you're acting like a child who's afraid to lose her favorite toy" she said smirking.

"Ginger is not a toy, I love her" I corrected her.

I don't want to start a fight with her, I just want to stop her from seeing my girlfriend.

"Really? Then prove it" she challenged me.

I raised my brow at her and released a soft laugh afterwards.

"I don't have to prove anything to you" I replied pointing at her.

"Precisely, don't prove it to me, prove it to her. Prove to her that I'm wrong when I said that you are just using her, prove to her that you're worth it and prove to her that she's right when she betrayed her father for you"

I'm lost for words because I don't know what to say to her. I know to myself that I'm not sure if I can really do it, I'm a hypocrite.

She shook her head afterwards before turning around.

"By the way tell Ginger that my father died last night, the last wake will be on the day after tomorrow" She didn't wait for my respond and continued walking away from me.

"Her father died?" I muttered in disbelief. How can I talk to her about leaving my girlfriend when she just lost her father

"I'm really the worst"

❤️

I don't know if I'm sick but I don't feel good today, I feel like something will happen that I won't like. I decided to skip my class today and so is Ginger because she wants to take care of me.

I'm in the living room, reading something while standing when someone hugged me from my back and started kissing my nape.

I thought it's Ginger because we're the only person inside the house. I turned around to kiss her back but I'm startled to see Emman smiling at me.