True Birth(Eddard Stark x reader)

"Thank you, Lord Varys," you said to the Master of Whisperers as he lead you down to the dungeon where your father, Lord Eddard Stark was being held for treason. With a nod of his head, Varys left the two of you alone. "Y/N, come closer. I have asked Varys to bring you to me because I have something I must tell you," your father spoke quietly and quickly. "Do you believe they are going to kill you, Father?" His silence was enough of an answer for you.

As the oldest Stark child, you knew your father's mannerisms better than anyone else except for your mother. "What is it you have to tell me?" you asked him softly. He took a deep breath before answering, "I must tell you of your true birth, Y/N and I ask that you not be angry with me or your mother." You cocked your head to the side in confusion. "My true birth?"

"You are not a Stark, Y/N. You were not born of my seed. Your mother and I took you in as a babe and raised you as our own." You felt your head spinning. You were not a Stark? The people you knew and grew up around were not your true family? "If I am not a Stark, then who am I?" As if it pained him to say it, your father let out a sharp sigh. "You are a Targaryen. A distant cousin of Daenerys Targaryen." You blinked several times as you let the news sink in. That explained why your mother always made you hide your light hair under dark wigs and hoods and why you had purple eyes when all of your siblings had either Tully blue or Stark grey.

"A Targaryen?" you asked simply. "Yes. This information is yours to do with what you will. Keep it secret or let the world know, the choice is yours. But whatever you do, proceed with caution my dear child. I only wished to tell you before I depart this world." You wrapped your arms around him in a tight hug. "I love you. No matter what happens, you shall always be my father, Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell."

Three days later, Eddard Stark was executed for treason. Armed with this new information, you vowed to find the way across the sea where you knew the Targaryens were. If Daenerys felt she had a claim to the Iron Throne, than you swore to help her win it. If that meant your blood would be spilled, then so be it.

:44h>ŌW