The Clave's Disruptions & The Other Warlock

"Morning!" Clary smiled as she bounced into the kitchen. Izzy, Magnus and Alec were all sat around a table looking slightly disheartened.

"Morning." Izzy and Alec sighed in unison. Magnus stayed silent.

"What's wrong?" Clary asked taking out a cup to make coffee.

"You are Miss Morgenstern." Magnus commented placing his chin in his hand. His hair was dishevelled and he looked for a moment as if he could really be 700 years old. He clicked his fingers and he return to his perky self.

"Magnus, you don't have to say it like that." Alec told him hitting his arm.

"Sorry Alexander but what did you want me to say? I'm not lying, she really is a problem." Magnus answered.

"Wait what do you mean I'm a problem?" Clary asked walking over to the table they were sat around.

"The Clave had a letter from an anonymous Shadowhunter who has said that you and Jace were getting married. Apparently the Clave aren't happy about it because of yours and Jace's previous involvement with Jonathan so they've got it through their mind that you're going to get married and try to take over the world like Jonathan tried to do. We've been up all night trying to sort the issue out." Magnus explained.

"Pardon? They think we're going to try and take over the world?! Are they mental? Why didn't you wake me up so I could help? Did you sort it out? What else has been said?" Clary started to panic.

"We sorted it out Clary, it's fine. It took a lot of convincing but the Clave eventually believed us that you two really are in love. We explained everything that you two as a couple have been through, apart from your fainting thing, and that you've done so much to unite the Clave and the Downworld. They believe you Clary, there's not an issue anymore." Izzy told her smiling sincerely.

"Thank you, all of you, for sorting that out. It means a lot." Clary said.

"You're forgetting one detail Iz." Alec commented.

"What detail?" Clary asked.

"The Clave have insisted that they send representatives to your wedding which will be held in Idris otherwise they'll become suspicious.  We tried to keep them away, we know you wanted a private wedding but they wouldn't take it." Alec explained seeming slightly upset for Clary.

"It doesn't matter, as long as I get to plan anywhere in Idris I really don't mind. As long as they can sit at the back." Clary laughed.

"Trust me Miss Morgenstern, I'll make them sit at the back if I have to." Magnus told Clary as Jace walked into the kitchen.

"Morning everyone." Jace grumbled to everyone and swiped the cup of coffee off of the side that rightfully belonged to Clary.

"You are the most annoying human being on the planet." Clary commented.

"Only for you." Jace smirked.

"Well as much as I'd love to stay and chat I have a customer to attend to in precisely five minutes ago so I'll see you all tomorrow." Magnus told everyone and stood up off of his stool.

"I'll walk you out." Alec said standing up just after.

"Actually as much as I'd love that I have a feeling that Clary wants to discuss something with me but I'll see you tonight. My place for drinks?" Magnus answered before Alec had time to answer with the inevitable yes Magnus locked his lips with Alec.

"Yeah, yeah that sounds good." Alec stuttered and sat back down on his stool.

 "Come Clarissa, walk me out." Magnus said beckoning Clary as he walked out of the kitchen. Jace and Izzy looked at her with a confused expression, Alec still seemed to be in a daydream, but Clary followed Magnus out.

"What do I want to discuss with you?" Clary asked.

"I don't know, you had an air about you. You seem to need something so I'll give it you free of charge." Magnus commented.

"Magnus, you don't give anyone anything free of charge. I remember that you once charged Alec for a drink in your apartment. Yes, Alec told us - he was a bit drunk. Anyway, what's the catch?" Clary said.

"I haven't decided yet, I'll let you know when I've thought of it. Now our time is growing short so what do you need?" Magnus answered.

"Is Isaac Degray still in New York?" Clary asked after a moment of thought.

"Of course he is, he's staying in the apartment above mine. Is there a particular reason for your asking?" Magnus replied.

"I was wondering whether he could help me with something." Clary said avoiding what she wanted help with.

"Clarissa, what was in that package?" Magnus asked.

"You saw, just clothes." Clary brushed him off.

"Clarissa." Magnus deadpanned.

"A wedding dress. They were all from Jonathan, Jonathan Morgenstern but I don't know how. I've seen all those clothes before, when I was in that house with him and Jace. The wedding dress is the dress that I'm wearing whenever I have a fainting episode. I wanted to know if you could set up a meeting with him for me to talk to him about tracking the package." Clary explained as they both stopped in the middle of the corridor.

"Why didn't you come to me for help?" Magnus smiled sincerely and slightly sympathetically.

"Because I thought that you'd get a bit drunk and tell Alec who would get a bit drunk and then tell Jace and I didn't want to get into an argument about it. I thought having Isaac Degray help me would be easier because we're hardly likely to see him for quite a while once he's left New York." Clary said.

"I'll set up the meeting, don't worry. There's one place you'll find Isaac Degray in the next few days." Magnus commented.

"Where's that?" Clary asked. Her brow felt as if it fused together as her mouth dropped at the sight of Magnus' suit changing colour and fabric. He still managed to amaze Clary in ways she still didn't understand.

"Only the party of the century." Magnus smirked talking about one of his many parties.

"Magnus, you say that about every party you host." Clary said.

"No I don't, January 8th 1873 - I thought that was the party of the century. It was not. Blood and my most favourable green velvet suit do not mix well. In certain light you can still see the little specks of blood." Magnus commented as if going back to another time, his eyes seemed to glaze over.

"Magnus, back in this century." Clary snapped her fingers in front of his face.

"Awfully sorry my dear, anyway yes that's where you'll find him." Magnus confirmed.

"I'm not sure Magnus, I'm not really in the mood for a party." Clary commented.

"Clarissa, if you want to find Isaac Degray in the next couple of days that's where you'll find him. I promise you." Magnus told her. Clary pondered on this for a moment.

"I'll think about it." Clary answered nodding her head.

"Well I do hope to see you tomorrow Miss Morgenstern, until next time." Magnus smiled and clicked his fingers. The only evidence that he'd been there was the small flecks of glitter falling delicately to the ground in front of Clary. Magnus Bane everyone.