Silver jubilee "25"

After few hours, nandu gets up feeling cold. Her fever increased more as they were sleeping in an open space and did not even have enough blankets over them to protect them from the cold. Manik was in deep slumber and she did not want to wake him up. She silently moved closer to him and snuggled more into him. Manik sensed it and opened his eyes. He was shocked to see her shivering badly.

"Nandu kya hua ? Why are you shivering?" He asked holding her.

"Manik can we go home I am feeling cold" she said snuggling into him.

Without saying a word he picked her up in his arms and ran towards the car. He laid her down in the rear seat and covered her with the only thin mat they had and got into the driver's seat. On his way, he called his friend, Abhimanyu who was a doctor.

(Thanks shivu_05 yaadh dhilaane ke liye.. :D)

"Hello Abhi' he said.

"Hey Manik! How are you bro? Sunaa tu US chalaa gaya" he was throwing out his questions, while Mnaik interrupted him.

"Acha sun abhi.. I am India now aur tu abhi Fab 5 house aaja... i will be there in 15 minutes.. emergency hain... and get those basic first aid medicines.. aayega na?" Manik asked.

"Mein abhi nikaltha hoon will be there in 10... tu relax kar and drive safe" Abhi replied.

"I will see you soon" he said and cut the call.

He was turning back every now and then.

"How could you be so careless manik? tu jaantha hain that she's sick...why couldn't you bring her back home? Aaargghh!!! God.. please dont make her suffer because of my negligence" he was cursing himslef all the time.

In less than 15 minutes they reached home. Nandini was unconscious due to weakness. He picked her up and ran inside the house, abhi was already there.

"Abhi... ise high fever hain... and I took her out.. I am scared Abhi.. please dhekh ise...." He was panicking.

"Manik! relax lets take her to the room first.. i am sure use kuch nai hua hoga" he said patting his shoulder. They took her to Manik's room and laid her down on the bed.

Abhi checked her temperature which was not very high. But as they were out, she felt cold.

"Manik.. use zyaadha temperature bhi nai hain.. thand ki wajah se she was shivering and don't worry she is sleeping... unconscious nai hain woh... tu na bohath tension letha hain" he said side hugging him.

"Letha bhi kyu nai Abhi.. girl friend jo hain ye Manik ki" Cabir said.

"What!!! manik ki girl friend.... this is news yaar... waise hain bohath cute yeh. where did you meet here?" Abhi asked Manik.

"US mein... acha Abhi aaj hamaari flight hain at 12 o clock.. Its okay for her to travel right?" Manik asked ABhi.

"Are Mani... Its just light fever... tu ithna math soch... Aur haan try waking her up ek baar... She needs to have this medicine now so that subah tak temperature increase na ho... " he said and gave the medicine to Manik.

"Acha toh mein ab chaltha hoon.. i will come back in the morning around 9 aur ek baar phir check kar letha hoon. she should be fine.. agar kuch problem hui tho give me a call" Abhi said and went away.

Cabir also went back to his room. Manik locked the door and came back to her. He sat by her side slowly patting her hair.

"Kithna darr gaya tha mein nandini" he said sadly and kissed her forehead.