Chapter 1

Shoutout to @Java_Bean for this cover!

BLAIR POV

"In 500 feet turn left. The destination will be on your left." The monotone GPS voice instructed out to my dad who was currently driving the car on our way to drop me off at school. I was going to be a freshman at Vanatta University, where my brother Will was already a junior. He was helping settle in Freshmen so he was already there. 

"Are you excited honey?" My mom asked, looking back at me from her seat in the front.

 I smiled, "Yeah, it's gonna be great! I can't wait to start classes." I chirped. My dad quickly found a space to park and I hopped out. There were seas of families, friends, old students, and new students all coming in waves towards the center of the campus. 

The California air was warm and sunny, the sky as blue as the ocean. The Vanatta University sign glimmered off the sun, welcoming everyone. I tugged at the Vanatta t-shirt I was wearing self-consciously, lifting a suitcase out of the trunk and started following my mom to the registration booth while my dad got out more of my things. The line was huge but seemed to be moving quickly so it wasn't a problem. 

"Excuse me miss are you a student here?" A voice asked behind us. I turned around and saw Will standing there, a smile on his face. 

"Will!" I cheered, grabbing him and hugging him. 

Will grabbed me harder and chuckled. "Are you sure you're my little sister? You look too grown up." He teased, giving a little pout. 

I blushed, "I guess so." I shrugged.  

Mom squeezed my shoulders, "Our babies are growing up." She said sadly. 

"You're right about that." My dad interrupted, dragging a cart full of my stuff behind him. 

All the attention on me was making me uncomfortable so I tried to change the subject. "Look we're almost up." I said, stepping forward.

After registering into school, I got my key and a map to my new dorm room.

"I'm in Newman Hall, room 310." I said, taking a look on my map. 

"I have to get back to helping out new students but I'll check out your new dorm later B, okay?" Will said. 

I nodded, "Okay, see you later." I waved goodbye to him.  

My parents and I wheeled my stuff to Newman Hall, a short, square building made of a white cement siding. The lobby of the building was modern and warm, with a guard sitting behind a desk in the front and a few lounge chairs and décor. My room was on the third floor so we decided to just take the elevator upstairs. There were many people like us, carts and hands full of stuff, waiting for the elevators. Luckily there were four elevators so we got on one fairly quickly.

The halls were white and mostly bare with only the occasional poster. 310 was halfway down the hall, and we shortly arrived there. I opened the door and found an empty room. The walls were white, and there were two wooden desks and drawers, two beds, both untouched, one built in closet, and my favorite feature, a beautiful big window that overlooked the center of campus. The room was small but comfortable and I instantly felt good about it.

"This is a beautiful view you have Blair." My mother complimented, taking a look out the grand window.

 "I know right, I love it!" I agreed, my smiled widening. 

"Let's get unpacking." Dad said, opening one of the cardboard boxes.

---BREAK---

About an hour later I was all unpacked, and I stood back to admire it. I hung little lights above my bed, covered my desk with a desk calendar, a pencil holder, and pictures of friends and family. Almost all of my clothes fit in my drawer so I just hung a coat and some shoes in the closet. "It looks good, what do you think Blair?" Dad asked. 

"I love it, I think this will be a good temporary home." I said. There was then a knock at the door, my heart skipped, I thought it might be my roommate. I had no information on her, I just knew I had one. 

But when I opened the door there was Will, "The big dinner is starting soon, do you guys want to head over?" He asked.

 I was hungry by this point, "Yeah, food sounds great." I agreed. 

"First I want to see your room." Will said, stepping around me.

"Wow it looks great B," He complimented.

 "Thanks Will." I replied with a smile.

 He looked at the empty side of the room. "No roommate yet?" He asked and I shook my head. "Ehh, that's okay, they'll probably come eventually, now let's go eat." He said.

The dining hall was packed when we got there, families all over the place. Streamers and balloons in Vanatta's colors, black and red, were hung everywhere. We scored a small table by one of the huge windows and chatted as food was served out.

As people started to finish food, they filed out of the dining hall, and parents were starting to leave. I walked outside with my parents and Will and took a stroll towards the parking lot. "So I guess this is it," My dad said.

 "I guess so," I replied, suddenly feeling nervous. Both of my parents hugged me tight, squeezing me reassuringly. 

Mom caressed my cheek lovingly, "You are gonna do so great here Blair, we are so proud of you." She said.

 "Thanks Mom," I whispered. 

"Okay, we'll see you two soon." Dad said, the two turning towards their car. Will threw an arm around me as we watched our parents drive away. 

"You okay B?" He asked softly. 

I nodded, "Yeah." 

"I'm gonna go head to my dorm, I'm kinda tired." I told him.

"Okay, do you need me to walk back there with you?" He asked. I shook my head, and he kissed the crown of my head, "Goodnight Blair." He said. 

I made the five minute walk back to my dorm alone, admiring the beautiful campus that was now my home. 

As I trudged through the hallways of Newman, I saw a few other students mingling. I smiled politely at them and opened my door. 

When I stepped inside, there was a man sitting on the bed opposite mine, causing me to shriek and drop my key to the floor. 

SHOUTOUT to Leighabear0625

AN: Most of this story will be from Blair's point of view, but if in Wesley's point of view, it will be stated

AN: Most of this story will be from Blair's point of view, but if in Wesley's point of view, it will be stated. I don't think Vanatta University is a real school, but if it is I don't own it! Thanks to everyone who is reading this story! I am hoping to update at least twice a week, but hopefully will update more. Thanks! :)