Chapter 16

Chapter 16

The next day, I just laid in bed, not wanting to face reality yet but I realized that I had to. I got up, grabbed the necklace off the floor where I had thrown it before getting dressed and going downstairs, only to stop when Klaus walked over to me." How you feeling, Love?" he asked.

" I just want to forget last night ever happened, and move on like Ric told me to do" I told him but jumped when I heard the thud of something being dropped on the floor." What's going on?" I asked.

" I've grown bored of this town, it's time me and my sister left"

" Then I guess, I wish you luck where you go or end up Klaus Mikealson" I smiled and he chuckled." And to you as well, Aislinn Saltzman". He told me before I turned and went upstairs to grab my stuff. I went back to the loft that Ric had left in my name. As I closed the door, I let out a sigh." Home sweet home" I whispered but as I was about to go in the direction of my room, a knock sounded on the door." Who is it?" I called out.

"Girl scout" Damon called and I sighed before opening the door." What do you want?" I asked.

" We got a problem"

*******

As I followed Damo toward where I knew the others were, I heard Jeremy say." Why is she here?"

" Because unlike you Jeremy, I haven't died that many times"

" Oh really?"

" Can we do this later" Stefan said and I crossed my arms." I owe this to Ric, I'm not letting him suffer like this, you'd the same if you were me, Jeremy"

A few minutes later, I laid on the ground and closed my eyes while Bonnie chanted the spell to stop my heart, while Jeremy stood a few feet away, suddenly she stopped and I frowned." What is it?"

" I lost the connection" she said before I felt arms wrap around me. The next thing I knew, I was laying on a couch, a hand gently caressing my cheek." Then why take her" I heard Elena snap." She has nothing to do with this, haven't you and your family put her through enough pain."

" Aislinn's part in this has only barely begun to show itself, but one day when she's ready, I'll tell her"

Klaus got up and I realized that I couldn't move, I felt paralyzed. Klaus continued to talk to Elena but he left a few minutes later, only to be replaced by Tyler. Klaus came back and started yelling but a moment later I heard a loud crack.

I felt the wait on my body release and I sighed opening my eyes. I sat up rubbing my head and sighed when Tyler helped me up." you alright?"

" I'm fine"

An hour later, I sat sitting on my hands as the others celebrated, since we had finally beat Klaus." Izzy, are you going to join us, or not"

" I'd rather not spend my birthday with a hangover, but thanks anyway"

" Oh my god, I forgot, I'm so sorry"

" As of midnight, it will mark 15 years since I lost my parents" I sighed and Elena sat next to me." Just think, a year ago, I didn't know about vampires or werewolves or witches or any of this, we were all human, well besides Tyler of course".

" Not to be rude or anything but are we going to celebrate, or mope?" Tyler asked and I laughed as he handed me a drink, which I then downed in one go.

After a while, Tyler took me home but as soon as he was gone, I let out a sigh and turned to go inside only to stop when I heard a voice say." Check the third shelf". I turned listening but when I didn't hear anything, I went inside and to my room before I checked the third shelf but stopped when I found an envelope. Opening it, I felt across the page until I found the dents in the paper.

Dear Aislinn

       If your reading this, then I'm likely dead, or I failed in protecting you, which also means I'm quite possibly dead. I know your confused on where you'll go from here, but I know and believe that one day you will find your way. The day I adopted you, I was given the necklace you now wear by a witch, who told me not to give it to you until at least your 18th birthday. As the years passed, I realized that you weren't like most children, you were calm, clever, and wanted nothing more then to make the people around you happy, even when you hated being treated like you were helpless, you were careful not to hold a grudge for to long.

When you were 15, I was approached by another witch, who told me something that I already knew, that you special but a year later, I noticed you were being watched over, even at school so I decided to move us both here, to Mystic Falls. I tried to protect you from the world you couldn't see, but in doing so, I put you in danger of that same world. When you were taken by Rose, I wanted to come after you, but I knew I couldn't.

When I adopted you, I didn't know of the obstacles and challenges I was about to face by raising you, but I wouldn't have given it up for anything. Izzy, I know I promised to never leave you and that I would always be there, but now it's time for you to continue on without me. I will always love you Aislinn, never forget that.