Chapter 7

Percy POV
I walked outside to my Care of Magical Creatures lesson.

There was a big guy standing there who was at least 7ft 6in tall. He had a big, fuzzy brown beard and long matching fuzzy brown hair and was standing next to Harry, Hermione and Ron.

'Alrigh' class. I'm Hagrid as mos' of yeh already know an' today I'm gonna show yeh some of the mos' beau'iful and majes'ic creatures ter ever live,' Hagrid said.

'What? Is this one going to attempt to kill me to? My father was rather angry that the useless bird wasn't killed. I'm surprised that this oaf is still allowed to teach students,' a boy with gelled back blonde hair said not too quietly.

You know, I have a feeling that I'm not gonna like this guy.

'Shut up, Hagrid's talking,' Hermione told him.

'So I'm sure yeh all have met the studen' from Hecate's 'cademy, Percy Jackson. Now, I know that yer a 7th year, Percy, but I'll teach yeh all the same thin' today,' Hagrid continued. 'Today, we'll be learnin' 'bout the Pegasus.'

I immediately perked up. I knew everything there is to know about Pegasus. I have a pet Pegasus for the gods' sake!

'I have a couple Pegasus with me today tha' I found roamin' around the Forbidden Forest.

Now careful, Pegasus are calm and peaceful animals, if trea'ed right. If yeh harm a Pegasus or look like a threat to them, they'll not hesita'e to kick yeh. And trust me, I know from experience that their kicks really hurt,' Hagrid said.

'I'm gonna bring the Pegasi out. Be very, very careful and patient. Pegasi are very angsty creatures.

They dun' like people and wont never let any human control them. It's an honour to have a Pegasus bow to yeh and you can only get a bow after months and months of care and service to the creature.

I don't expect ya kids to get the Pegasus to like yeh but the challenge for today is to be able to touch the Pegasus without it attempting to kick yeh.'

He disappeared into the forest and reappeared with a dirty white Pegasus with a black mane and tail and a large, muddy, brown Pegasus.

As soon as they entered the clearing I could hear their pestering voices in my head. 'Master, master!' 'My lord.' 'Mini Lord.'

Before I could tell them to act normal and treat me like a normal student, they galloped over to me and bowed at my feet.

If the students in the room weren't already gawking at me before, they were now and I could hear Hagrid gasp.

Uh oh

'Never in my entire life have I seen a Pegasus bow to a person at first sight. Heck, I haven' even seen a Pegasus bow. Ever. Just read about it. How'd you do it?' Hagrid asked amazed.

'Uh, well, I uh actually own a Pegasus. A black stallion; his name is Blackjack. I rode him into Hogwarts. Maybe you saw him...' I tried to explain. That only lead to more gawking and gasping from Hagrid.

'Ya own a Pegasus. Wow. That's impressive. Say, do yeh have any more in'eressting pets?' Hagrid asked.

'Uh, I have a hound. Does that count?' I asked meekly.

It technically wasn't a lie. I had Mrs O'Leery and she is basically a hound. A hellhound but a hound no less.

'And uh, I'm sort of like a Pegasus trainer at my school. And I'm in charge of the stables so I like take care of the Pegasi,' I tried to explain weakly.