Chapter 23

Danny's P.O.V.

I could already feel a light trickle of blood running down. I was shaking with horror and I had no means of an escape. I had no idea what to do.

"You trespass. You die." The one with the spear said.

Help me God!

I shut my eyes tightly, readying myself for what was inevitable. Just feeling how his hold tightened around his spear, made me stop breathing altogether.

"Stop!"

All three of us stood immobile. I cracked on eye open and almost leaned forwards with relief, but thought better of it since I still had a spear held to my neck.

Oh thank goodness!

Theo was standing at the arch with Hopiana standing horizontal to him, the rest of the gang rushing in.

"Kiowa, remove spear." Hopiana demanded from the one in front of me.

"Hopiana, she trespass. She die." The tribe's man, Kiowa, said to her.

"She is friend. Forever friend of tribe." Kiowa froze, before quickly removing the weapon from my neck. It seems to me that when they declare you 'forever friend of tribe' it means something big.

The other tribe's man let go of me and I slumped forwards onto my hands, trying to calm my dying heart.

Theo immediately rushed towards me and grabbed me into his arms, holding me tight. My hands were shaking viciously and I pressed my head into his chest. He took hold of my hands, aiding in calming me down. I had never been so frightened in my life and I've been through quite a lot since I've met Theodore. Even had multiple times a sword to my throat, but I was never by myself at those stages, I always had people around me that I somehow knew would save me. Being alone and defenceless like this had scared me greatly.

"Shh... don't worry, I'm here. Shh... You're alright." Theo said tenderly.

Hopiana crouched down next to us and put a reassuring hand on my back. I took in a few deep breaths and ran my hand through my hair.

"I'm alright now." I said softly, while putting a hand on Theo's shoulder for insurance.

He nodded his head but his gaze slipped to my neck. A livid expression took place on his face. He gently let go of me, giving me to Hopiana, before rushing towards Kiowa.

Pinning the warrior to the wall he began to furious shout at him, "How dare you harm her you low life landlubber...!"

I didn't bother listening to the rest, knowing full well that although he was overacting, he needed to get his anger out of his system at some stage - I would easily be able to stop him if he went too far.

Pepper came over and handed me a handkerchief. I gave the object a confused look. Hopiana took the hankie from my hands and gently lifted my chin. She delicately wiped my neck with the cloth. My eyes widened with realization that my neck must have a bit of blood on it from the spear piercing my neck. The blood must have angered Theo even more.

After being done with my neck, Hopiana let go of me and went to Kiowa while Theo stormed off, seemingly done with the man.

He came to my side and helped me up, "How did you get here before us?"

"The tunnel I fell in led to an area where there were sills. I used them to climb back up and ironically came to this place." I explained.

"How do you know how to climb walls? I've been meaning to ask you ever since I found out you had scaled the side of my ship." He said, giving me a meaningful look.