[41] Proposal

hi im still bummed out bc ex is crushing on some other bitch like??? u say u love me and then move on in a day wtf drugs you taking

so any of y'all wanna message me id like that ty

and i dont ever wanna get married but this was super cute so!!1

and y'all should tell me what songs ur obsessed with right now because i want more variety bc all ive been doing for two years is listening to the same band!!1

___ 

Obi-Wan

You weren't sure what was wrong with Obi-Wan this week-- he'd been extra distant, and he held an air of anxiousness around his aura that continuously had you on edge whenever you were around him. It was eating you apart, wanting to know what was on his mind, but he was staying quiet.

Currently, you were pulling your hair back into a braid before the two of you were sent off on a mission. It was noted that it would be extremely dangerous, but there was no dose of fear that came with news like that. Jedi weren't afraid of anything, although Obi-Wan's mood had you constantly questioning that theory.

'Are you ready?' Master Kenobi questioned, appearing at the doorway. You nodded at him and took in a breath, adjusting your robes before following him silently to the ship. You were greeted and sent off with quiet goodbye's, almost hesitant ones at that, and you knew it was because they doubted your return. You almost hated the gesture. 

Settling down in the cockpit of the ship, you were surprised when Obi-Wan suddenly took your hand and spun his chair so that he was facing you.

'(Y/N), there's something I have to tell you,' Obi-Wan's voice cracked as he spoke, and a line of sweat appeared on your brow. Immediately concerned, you frowned. 'Ask you, rather.'

You swallowed anxiously before answering, 'well, go on, then. What's is it?'

'I don't know if we'll make it back from this mission,' he started carefully, 'and I know that you're doubting the outcome, too.'

'Stop stalling, Kenobi. What is it?' You quizzed nervously.

He opened his mouth to talk before squeezing his eyes and lips shut tight, looking as if he were fighting a mental battle, 'I wanted to ask you if...' he hesitated once more, shoulders tightening with anxiousness. Slowly, he lowered himself and he was then on his knee, next to your chair, producing a silver ring, looking up at you with such desperation in his eyes that you felt as if you'd been shoved in the chest. 'I can't physically make myself go into this risky mission without the confirmation... (Y/N), would you accept my hand in marriage?'

Every ounce of oxygen was torn from your lungs, but the answer was raking at your throat to escape, so you muttered a simple, 'yes. Oh, Obi-Wan, yes.'

He slipped the cool metal onto your finger, and your eyes began to water. Composing yourself, you pressed a kiss to his lips and clutched his hand tightly, searching his eyes for what felt like an eternity before the two of you took the controls and set off for the mission. 

Anakin Skywalker

His thumb moved across the bruises on your knuckles as the two of you sat out on an open balcony, your skin glowing with the warm, deep orange and red rays of the sunset. The air was still, no breeze daring to disrupt the quiet moment as you absorbed the comfortable heat in the air and sighed, leaning against Anakin.

'You look so beautiful like this,' he mused.

You shifted your head to get a better look at him. 'Is that so?'

Something in his deep gaze changed, almost as if a light switch had been shut off within his eyes and they had suddenly taken a darker look. Anakin brushed a hand over your face, tucking the stray wisps of hair behind your air before finally taking a look at your face. You'd half expected him to kiss you, and you bit your lip in anticipation only to be left with emptiness when he stayed there, eyes unmoving.