Thirty Nine

~Frank's POV~

Gerard held his arms tightly around my neck as I gave him a piggyback ride back to my dorm. His head was rested against my neck and his breathing was slow and even.

We had just come from dinner with his mother, Mikey, and Pete. Sadly, he wasn't able to see it. The doctors said that if it would work, it may take a few days.

"Mmm, Frankie?" Gerard mumbled, nuzzling his face closer to my neck as a breeze whipped around us.

"Yes, Gerard?" I asked, continuing to walk across campus.

"I'm tired..."

"It's only ten." I laughed, walking up to the doorway that lead into the dorms.

"I'm still fucking tired." Gerard pouted quietly.

"Almost home." I smiled, pulling the door open and continuing down the hall.

Gerard hummed softly as I walked. It was a soft tune that felt strangely familiar. I listened happily, walking in sync to the rhythm.

"Isn't giving me a piggyback ride a pain?" Gerard asked tiredly.

"I can manage." I laughed, rounding a corner. Gerard just pressed a kiss to my neck.

When we got to the room, it was dark and empty. Ray must of been out partying or something. I kicked the door shut with my foot and carried Gerard over to the bed.

"Alright, lazy, get off." I teased, leaning Gerard down onto the bed. Gerard just cuddled up to one of my pillows instead, making me roll my eyes as I kicked my shoes off.

"Hurry up, Frankie." Gerard pouted, pulling his dark shades from his face. "I wanna get comfy."

"Working on it!" I laughed, grabbing the glasses from his hand and putting them on the small table near my bed. I yawned as I finished stripping down to my boxers and crawled onto the bed.

Gerard blinked tiredly as I crawled next to him. I smiled, reaching out to push some hair out of his face.

"C'mon..." He pouted, swiping lazily at my hand. "I wanna sleep."

"No fun." I grinned before adjusting down into the grooves of the mattress and wrapping my arms around Gerard. "Better?" I yawned.

"Much." Gerard sighed, contently.

It grew quiet between us. I figured Gerard was just beginning to drift to sleep, because that's where I was heading as well. I felt on the brink of dreams when Gerard started hitting the bed frantically.

"What are you doing, you maniac?" I mumbled, scrunching my eyes tightly.

"Frank!?"

I opened my eyes at Gerard's tone. He sounded freaked out. I pushed myself up, trying to rub sleep from my eyes.

"Gerard? What's wrong? Bad dream?"

"No!" Gerard pushed himself up, rubbing his own eyes. "Frank, turn on the lights."

"What difference would that make?" I asked in sleep laced confusion.

"Frank, I think the thing may have worked..." Gerard whispered, blinking rapidly.

I quickly leaned over, clicking the small light at my bedside. Gerard was still blinking, confusion laced in his features.

"It... It's not dark..." He whispered, "There's light... Fuzzy light..." His milky eyes grew wide.

"Gerard?" I reached out and put a hand on his arm. He turned and an expression of awe crossed over his face.

"Frank... I-I think I can see you." He whispered, covering his mouth with his hand.