Monsters

Chapter 4: Nightmare

Victoria smirked as blood dripped from her face. I wondered where the blood came from. Lizzie seemed fine to me.

"Hello, Woodman. Where is the other?" She asked as her smirk grew bigger. I gave her a confused look. Victoria glanced at Lizzie then waved.

"Goodbye, for now." She said before taking off. Lizzie stayed still and watched me. I looked up at the sky dramatically. I stomped my foot and looked to where Lizzie should be. The spot that she was sitting in was empty.

"Damn it." I cursed out loud. I marched back home in defeat. I opened up the door and stepped inside.

"Dad?" I called out. An eerie feeling filled the room.

"Dad, where are you?" I asked. I stepped up the stairs and weaved around to my dad's office. I pushed the door open to see my dad sitting at his desk. A vision slipped in my mind. I felt my breathing stop at the vision. I fell to my knees as the pain took its toll.

"No." I cried out. I tried to breathe. I felt like I was suffocating. My head started started to hurt as I gripped it tightly. Black spots filled my eyesight as I saw my dad before me shouting. Black filled my whole vision.

-
My eyes fluttered open. I noticed that I was staring at my wall. I rolled over just as my dad walked in.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked. My throat was dry. I eyed the water in his hand. I grabbed the glass and chugged down the liquid.

"Fine. How long was I out this time?" I asked. He sighed at the question. He glanced over at the alarm clock before answering the question.

"You missed school." He stated. I curse silently and sat up.

"I need to go to Lizzie to ask if we had any homework." I said. He nodded but his finger up when his phone started ringing. He walked out of the room to answer the phone. I laid back and waited.

"Come on, get dressed quickly." My dad came in rushing me to get up. I shot out of bed and started going through my clothes.

"What is happening?" I asked as I threw my clothes around.

"Bella is missing and wear something black. We might have to hunt tonight." He stated. Realization hit me hard before I rushed to the closet. I picked out my hunting gear that consisted of all black. I sprinted for the bathroom. I slid on the tight black pants and slipped in the black shirt that had long sleeves. I slipped on my black hunting boots and walked out of the bathroom. Something was tossed at me as it hit my face. I inspected it and noticed that it was a bandana. I gave him a confused look.

"Cover your face with it." He stated. I nodded and noticed that he was all ready for the hunt. I followed after him as we made our way to the barn to grab our things. I grabbed the daggers first and placed them in the holster that was strapped around my thigh. I grabbed two swords and placed them on my back along with a quiver full of arrows. I reached for the bow when my dad shouted at me.

"Come on, hurry up." He called after me. I snatched the bow and ran after him. Once I was beside him, he picked up his pace as we ran for his truck.

-
Cars filled the Swan's yard. The truck was put in park as I jumped out of the car. Lizzie was standing beside her dad with a blank look. I shook my head as my hair fell in my face. I groaned and grabbed my hair. My hands started moving as I French braided my hair. I walked over with my dad to talk to Officer Charlie.

"Oh, thank god. I don't know where Bella is." He said. I glanced at Lizzie who was looking anywhere but here. I narrowed my eyes slightly as I tried to read her. I sighed in defeat as I realized that she was a difficult one.