«chapter nineteen: there was some doubt»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

  I look around like I am just a tourist, in a group of actual tourists. Who knew people would actually want to tour Lexcorp? I would rather run away from this place.

  Of course, people don't know what exactly happens here. Most probably blame the Reach for the whole ' meta-gene soda' thing, but I know better. Besides, villains know other villains, and Lex Luther was up to something.

  Not that I am a villain, but I do have some that are pretty close to me.

  I am in a hallway, with the group, trying to find the main computer or file room. Though, I doubt Lex would keep information in files, rather than on a computer. He seems like an 'everything must be on the computer' kind of guy.

  Batman is going to hear from me about this. The fact that I am here for him to steal secret files after I just joined an uptight group of superheroes who frown upon my past doesn't make sense to me.

  What actually makes sense; the fact he chose me. I am trained for this, I know the do's and don't's to this. Plus, if I get caught, the Justice League won't be tied up in it. I doubt he thinks I realize this, but I know that half of the reason he picked me was probably because of that last bit. But that will never happen, I don't get caught.

  I may or may not have 'forgotten' to tell Nightwing and Aqualad that I was on this solo mission.

  Ok, I didn't forget, I just didn't. They would just try to stop me and send Robin and Batgirl. The thing is, I know how to steal, they don't.

  And they have been benching me which isn't fair so I am just evening the playing field.

  So, Batman may get mad, but I am already here, and I am on radio silence. So, really it's his fault, right?

Ok, I can deal with that later. I need to focus now.

  I already hacked the cameras to face-recognize someone else as I walk by despite me being dressed in civilian clothes over my suit and my hair up in a ponytail with my usual glasses in place. This place is very guarded, but it is the main building, not some warehouse that they use.

  There were security guards watching us at the end of the hallways. Bingo.

  I turn and start walking the other way activating the loop I recorded earlier so that the people watching the cameras won't know I was even here.

  "Excuse me," I say, catching their attention, "Marcy said she needed one of you to go down to the lower level and help," I say crossing my arms and pretending like I was definitely supposed to be there. "I can take over for one of you guys, I just have to get changed. Came from a run because apparently, things are not going good downstairs if you know what I mean." I whisper as some tourists walk by.