Ch 49: Cravings

Ashley:

"So pickles, strawberry shortcake ice cream, cheesecake and takis. Is that all you want ?" Dante stood up from the bed, stretching.  For the past month Dante and I had been watching the series from the beginning on Netflix, both intrigued by the study of anthropology. We were a few episodes into season eleven when I had a sudden craving.

 "Sounds about right." I smiled as he wrote everything down on his phone. 

He raised a disbelieving eyebrow.

" I'll be halfway home and you'll call for something else, wont you ?"

I couldn't help but laugh.  Dante knew me so well.

"Possibly."

He rolled his eyes, trying to fight a smile. He bent down and kissed my cheek before grabbing his jacket and heading out the door.

"Out for another cravings run ?" Ash walked in with a plate piled with pizza. My mouth started to water as the delicious smell hit me.

He settled in beside me before handing the plate over.

"We were downstairs in the movie room eating pizza and I thought you would like some. "

I immediately reached for a slice of pizza, hissing when the cheese burned my tongue.

"Slow down there prego." he teased as he handed me a napkin.

"Thanks." I moaned as I bit into a jalapeno, the spice erupting in my mouth. "You're the best." 

Ash handed me a bottle of water from my mini fridge, as he grabbed a soda for himself.

"How are you feeling ?" He asked a worried look on his face. Since finding out about the pregnancy he had been treating me as if I was fragile. It got annoying at times but I appreciated everything he did for me. He was just being an overprotective older brother, even if he was just older by a few minutes.

"I'm fine Ash." I sighed "You don't have to keep asking me."

"You're not fine." he said, his grey eyes holding nothing but worry  "You wake up every morning with puffy eyes. Its okay to not be okay, Ashley. You miss-" he stopped mid sentence when I sent him a sharp look " thou who shall not be named."

"Sometimes." I admitted looking down at my now protruding belly. It still amazed me to realize that I had two human beings growing in me. Two human beings that would depend on me to feed, clothe, and change them. My love grew with each passing day,

"I've been dreaming about him a lot lately." I admitted "In my dreams I'm braiding my daughters hair, and  he's playing baseball with our son. He looks up at me and suddenly turns and walks away. I try to catch up,  but no matter what I do I cant reach him. I wake up and I can't help but cry. He walked away from me Ash, and my children. He may not know I was pregnant at the time, but he walked away. "

I wipe at my eyes as I feel the waterworks coming on. These damn hormones. 

Ash wrapped  his arms around me. The comfort made me cry even harder. 

"Ashley-"

"No Ash." I already knew what he was going to say. He wouldn't let it go. 

"Hear me out this once" He pleaded looking me in the eyes " He deserves to know. Your children deserve to know their father. As much as I hate him right now for walking out on you, and making you cry, I'm on Lindsey's side . She knows Damian well, if she says it will devastate Damian not knowing then it will . I know I would be devastated. Stop letting your pride get in the way."