Chapter Ten

Here's an update!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Icy Beta: Chapter Ten

*Hailey's POV*

"Hailey!!" I heard my room door being slammed open. Someone snatched the scrub away from my hand and threw it on the floor. The person hugged me tightly as I cried loudly. The person started shifting away from me. Suddenly, a towel was wrapped around me.

"Hailey..." The person ran his fingers over my face to wipe off my tears. I turned around to look at the person.

Brayden.

I pushed him away and ran out of the bathroom. I wanted to run out of my room when he caught my hand and spun me around to face him. His eyes were filled with pain.

"No. No. Don't give me that look. Don't pretend as if you care!!" I swung his hand away and took a few steps back.

"So you knew. That was what you guys have been hiding from me. That was why you didn't love me. Because I'm a monster!!!" Did I just mention the word 'love'?

"No, Hailey. It's not like this." Brayden took a step forward and I quickly backed away from him. Tears kept on flowing out.

"Hailey..."

I ran back to the bathroom and picked up the scrub. "I don't want to harm anyone!! Don't want to..." I continued scratching the mark. Brayden held onto my hand to stop my actions. He hugged me from the back and leaned into me.

"Don't... Don't hurt yourself." Brayden was trembling when he said that. "Please..."

"Leave me alone!!" I shrugged him off. "Didn't you want me to stay away from you? Then why do you care about me now? Why are you always giving mixed signals? Why... WHY???!!!!!!!!!" I cried out loud.

"Why..." I dropped to the ground. Brayden approached me slowly and pressed me into his chest.

"I'm sorry." Brayden buried his face into my hair and whispered softly.

I held my chest and started panting heavily. There was this pain running through me. I pushed Brayden away and growled at him. Did I just growl? I just let out an animalistic growl. Unable to control my body, I lunged towards Brayden and bit deeply into Brayden's arm. I could taste blood in my mouth. What was happening to me? I released Brayden's arm immediately and looked at him in shocked. I stood up and backed away from him. At the corner of my eyes, I saw a little of my reflection from the mirror. I turned to look at it. My hair was in a mess. There was blood on my lips. And my eyes... They were bloody red.

"I... I..." I looked back at Brayden who was sitting on the floor and holding his bloody arm. "I hurt you." I can't believe what I just did. The story was true. I was turning into a beast.

"Hailey, it's ok. It will heal." Brayden held the wall as support and stood up slowly from the floor.

"No. It's not ok. IT'S NOT OK!!!!" I turned around and sprinted out of my room. I knew Brayden was just right on my tail. I dashed out of my house. The moment I stepped out of my house, there were growling sounds. 3 wolves stepped out from the bushes and approached me slowly. Their eyes were pitch black and filled with lust. I looked down at myself and realised I have forgotten to wear my top that I had taken off. I was only having my bra and pants on. This meant Brayden also saw me like this. I screamed out loud. Brayden threw me a jacket and shielded me by standing in front of me.

"Go into the house." Brayden told me.

"No! You will get hurt." I said as I looked at the 3 wolves which were growling fiercely at us.

"HAILEY!!!!" Brayden shouted at me.

"NO!! I don't want to leave you alone!!!" I refused to hide or even run away without Brayden. I grabbed onto his shirt tightly. The wolves continued growling at us. Brayden slowly backed away from them as I hid behind him.

"Hailey, step back a little away from me." Brayden instructed.

"Why? I don't..." Brayden cut me off and didn't allow me to complete my sentence.

"Just do as I say!" I loosened my grip and moved to somewhere safer.

I can't believe my eyes. As the wolves were approaching Brayden, Brayden took a few steps back. The wolves leaped towards Brayden. Just in a blink of an eye, Brayden shifted into a huge brown wolf and tackled the wolves down. Brayden glanced towards me. Those eyes... It was the same as the wolf that I met at the forest previously. It was the wolf that saved me.

As Brayden get distracted, one of the wolves took the advantage to attack him and bit into his shoulder. I cried out loud upon seeing the scene in front of me. Brayden shrugged the wolf off and lunged at the wolf. Furs were flying all over the place. When Brayden were handling 2 of the wolves, the other wolf started approaching me. The wolf growled at me and raised its paws trying to reach me. I screamed out loud and used my hand to shield my face. Then, I heard a loud thud. Brayden had rushed to my side and flung the wolf to the other end. He stood protectively in front of me and the 3 wolves stood in front of us. Brayden let out a threatening growl. Brayden tackled one of them and they went rolling on the ground. Brayden pinned the wolf firmly onto the ground. However, the other wolf knocked Brayden in his stomach and Brayden flew across knocking onto the tree.

One of the wolves walked up to me and used his head to throw me onto his body. The wolf started running off in a fast speed. "BRAYDEN!!!" I yelled his name. Brayden stood up from the ground and wanted to chase after me. However, the 2 wolves stopped him by attacking him. I saw one of the wolves bit into Brayden's leg.

"Brayden!!!" I should do something. I decided to jump off the wolf's back. Who cares whether my bones were going to break or what. I needed to get back to Brayden. I pushed myself to jump off the wolf back. I landed on the ground with a loud thud and went rolling over the ground for a few times. My head hit something hard and I heard something crack within me. The ground was quite rocky. I also got a few scratches when I rolled off the wolf back. I quickly get on my feet and started running back to where Brayden was. The wolf was chasing behind me in a fast speed. The wolf leaped in the air and pushed me down. I lost my balance and fell forward. I screamed in pain when my body came in contact with the ground. My vision got a little blurry. I tried dragging my body across on the ground in order to move forward. The wolf growled loudly at me as he approached me. I whimpered silently.

The wolf attempted to throw me onto his back again. I was feeling giddier and my eyes were threatening to close. I lay on the ground and prepared for the worst. I could feel the wolf was already hovering around me. Just when I thought the wolf was about to take me away, another wolf came out from nowhere and tackled him down. This new wolf had pure black fur. The black wolf started fighting with the enemy. Suddenly, there were more wolves approaching us. The wolves stood protectively around me. However, there was one of the wolves which came closer to me. He slumped his body down beside me and whimpered softly.

I stared straight into his blue eyes with my watery eyes. I raised my trembling hand and smoothed his fur. He whimpered painfully and I noticed there was blood on my hand. He was wounded. My tears rolled down my cheek. As he saw me cry, his eyes were filled with pain. I tried touching him again. This time I stroked his head gently. He closed his eyes to enjoy the contact and he purred in contentment. I smiled at the thought that he loved me stroking his fur and touching him gently.

I closed my eyes briefly when I felt pain coming from my body. He whimpered when he saw me in pain. I smiled weakly at him. I looked into his blue eyes once more before darkness took over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.

Last edited 12 June 2018