Chapter 14: Keith's past (part 2)

Keith's POV

Who knew that Alex could be this heavy, I thought. I carried him up the steps, all the way to the third floor. I set him down on the floor. Ahh! My back. I turned around and saw her standing right there staring at me. Before I could carry him again, she came close to me and pushed me out of the way.

"You don't have to be so nice to this ass, you know", she said, dragging Alex along the floor by his feet and she looked at me and nodded at the door. Oh of course. I forgot to open the door. I opened it and looked at her. She was cussing at Alex.

"Let me drag him for you", I offered.

"Thanks, he's as fat as my aunt Ellie and trust me she is FAT"

I chuckled while dragging Alex across the floor. Thump! Ouch, I forgot there was a step. It's not easy to concentrate hen there's a hot chick standing right there in my room err... our room. Finally, I made Alex get to his bed and voila! Now it was just me and her.

I looked at her and she looked away. Wow, okay. So I started the conversation, "Do you want to watch 'A walk to remember'? It's an amazing movie"

"Yeah sure, I haven't heard of it but if you say it's good...then yeah."

I put the CD in the player and waited while it loaded. I took the remote in my hand and sat down next to her on the couch. She rested her head against my arm.

"Is it ok?" she asked me. I nodded. It was actually more than ok. The movie started nut I could see nothing but her...

I saw the last scene and then I turned to look at her. She was crying. Wow! Was she the girl who bossed Alex? She was not a tomboy as I thought she would be. It made me fall more. I looked at her, her eyes, her soft cheeks, and her fair complexion and without hesitating I kissed her. Right on her lips. Slowly, my tongue grazed her lip asking for approval and accepted. Slowly, very slowly it became more than just kissing. A lot more...

We dated for a year. She joined me and Alex on every special occasion, much to my delight and Alex's doom. We always teased Alex together. We annoyed him by sleeping on his bed once, he almost had a fit.

Then on the day of my graduation, she invited me to join her parents' and Alex's parents' dinner party held for Alex for graduating. I arrived at her place at around 7 and waited for her to welcome me. She didn't come...

I got confused. I still got down and went over to the door and knocked. The door opened and there she stood, but she seemed lost. She took my hand and led me to the garden. We sat down on a white polished bench among white daffodils. She looked at me and said, "We can't be together anymore."

"Why? What's wrong? Did they say no?" I was confused. "Do you want me to talk to them?"

"No. We just can't be together, okay?"

"Why?"

She showed me her left hand and there was a ring on her finger. She was engaged. But to who? And why would she? She started sobbing.

"Who are you engaged to?"

"To me", said an all too familiar voice. Alex?!

I went over to him and said, "You know how we love each other then why would you?"

"Because it's all business"

"What?" I couldn't' believe it.

"Her father and my father made a deal. The shareholders prevent us from combing the two companies and only by this marriage as heirs can we unite our companies... I'm sorry but this is the only way."

I couldn't hear a word more. I punched him right across the nose. Before I was dragged away by security guards.

The next day, I received a phone call from my mother pleading me to come back home. And I did. After I went home. Many things were happening in a swish. My father's old friend Mr. Anderson was talking to my father about my marriage. My marriage with who? Then I saw her...Sarah. Timid and cute but it wasn't enough to get my mind off Jessy. Our marriage was arranged within a week.

On the eve of the wedding, I received a phone call from Jessy. I answered and waited until her voice came through.

"Hello", she said.

"Hey".

"I need you Keith. I can't live with Alex anymore."

This was enough for me. I rushed to my parents and tried to talk to them but they wouldn't listen. My dad was furious.

"Wake up, Keith. Sarah is your future wife and nothing can change that now."

I dropped down to the floor and decided that it was the end of my life but I wasn't going to live happily ever after with this Sarah. I decided to make her life hell just like how Alex is giving Jessy hell. I decided to take out all the anger I had on Alex, Jessy's parents and my parents on her; on Sarah. This was none of her fault but the world wasn't fair to me...then why do I have to be fair to her?

I suddenly woke as I felt the sudden thud of the plane landing. Here, at last. I was going to get her back. I was going to get my Jessy back.