Chapter Two (2)

Owens p.o.v

[Same Day]

As I walked into my house.

The smell of food smacked me.

Food—Speaking of that I was starving, I didnt have lunch today.

And did I mention Im starving.

Running to the kitchen then stopping short when I saw the most unbelievable thing sitting on the counter.

Tacos.

I looked up to see my mom looking at me weirdly 'Well someone looks hungry' she signed, smiling at me.

'I am, didnt have lunch' I signed back, not thinking at the sight  of food.

'Why not? Did you not take your lunch' She went to the fridge and opened it.

'It exploded in my bag' I lied

'What about the lunch money I gave' She put a hand on her hip.

“I... Uh... Spent it” I replied aloud. Hoping she would just drop the conversation, because thats what she usually did.

She smiled widely at me 'I had such an handsome son' she signed, pinching my cheeks, before walking away.

Mentally dancing I eyed the plate of tacos and took one, I may be little but have a huge appetite.

And yes, no need to scold me I know it was wrong not to tell my mom about Sean and his friends but then she would tell the principle and they'd get in trouble then it will just get worse—not only the teasing but he probably would beat me more than now, and I can barely handle the teasing and punches getting thrown my way.

I ran up the stairs ignoring the pain in my stomach from the run with Sean today.

I opened the door and revealed my purple room and laid down on my Gray bed spread.

Sliding off my bed lazily, walking to the body mirror handing on my wall and stripped down of all my clothes except my boxers, and there was a bruise on my stomach shaped as a fist, and cuts marking up my forearm's and my stomach area.

Looking up and down my body again gross. But Surprisingly I didnt break in two with that hit. One more glance at my petite body I climbed on my big bed and covered myself up with the Gray covers.

The only thing that danced around in my mind was that guy, and how perfect and happy he looked.

Why couldn’t I look like that?