Chapter 23: The truth hurts...

Helena's P.O.V.

After the warehouse Kane takes me to eat. Not that I have much of an appetite after knowing that he killed someone else while I was around.

"What is the matter princess?" Asking as he takes a big bite of his double cheeseburger. How he can eat after killing someone is beyond me.

Playing with my waffle fries I mumble. "Guess I lost my appetite."

Chewing he sits back on the seat staring at me blankly. Taking a sip of his milkshake still with his eyes on me he then responds. "Is it because of what happened at the warehouse?"

Glancing at him I then look away taking a bite from my fry. I know he is not stupid.

"Princess, that was business. Forget about it."

My face scrunches up. Forget about it? Is he serious? "Are you actually telling me to forget about what I heard back there? That -- that once again you killed someone in my presence Kane. It may be just 'business' to you but not me." Whisper yelling trying not to lose it. Plus, it will not be a good idea to say too loud when there are other people around.

Whatever I am saying is not fazing him because he just stares at me blankly having a stare off. Leaning forward he picks up his burger. "You will get used to it." Taking another bite of his food he winks at me with a smirk.

He is a complete heartless a-hole!

"Are you taking me home?" Asking once we left the restaurant. I am tired and just want to be in my own bed sleeping before my parents get home.

"No." He answers flatly.

"Where are we going then?"

"Why are you asking? Do you not want to be with me?" Side eyeing me with a cocked brow.

"Do I really need to answer when you obviously know the answer to that question?" I tell him.

"The answer is still no." He just says continuing to drive to who knows where.

We must have driven a good twenty-five minutes until we reach the mall.

"Mall? I did not see you as a 'let's go to the mall and shop' type of guy."

"I do buy things princess."

"Strange." Furrowing my brows together at the thought of Kane being a regular guy.

"What is?" Glancing over at me when he finishes parking the car.

"That you would buy your own things. I figured you would have one of your lap dogs do it for you." Shrugging since it makes sense to me.