Sio the Savior

I had to fast walk/jog to keep up with Angelo's long strides. Not only was his pace too ungodly fast right now, but I had to dodge people coming at me on the sidewalk, and I was trying to zip up my jacket. Well, it wasn't mine. I accidentally grabbed Angelo's as I was being pushed out the door and now I had a dress jacket to go with my leggings.

I was warm.

Luca came and got Alessio and Sophia a couple minutes ago, he was going to take them to Alessandra where they would probably spend the rest of the night. We were going to go to the mafia house, where Mr. D'Amico called for a meeting.

I don't know why I was invited. Moral support probably.

Angelo stopped too soon for me to realize and I collided with his rock-hard back, causing a small yelp to leave my mouth. He grabbed my hand and pulled me forward, "I didn't know you were still there. You're so quiet. Is that my jacket?"

"Yeah, it looked like mine so I grabbed it. It wasn't mine though. Where are we going? The car was back that way."

"There's a car up the street a bit."

"Ok." It was cold outside, so I wondered the rest of the walk how Angelo could bare this weather with no jacket on. He got partially dressed in the time it took him to collect himself and for Luca to get to the apartment. Where he would normally have a fancy dress shirt and maybe a vest or suit jacket, he only had the plain white tee shirt that would be underneath it and black slacks. He still looked good, but it was hard to get past the fact that that he was probably freezing.

"Here," Angelo walked ahead a bit and opened the backdoor of the black Cadillac. I got inside, fully expecting it to be just me and Angelo in the back, but no, fucking Tony was there too. I was smushed in between Angelo and Tony as the car sped away from the sidewalk.

The four Italian mobsters all started a conversation in their native language and I couldn't help but cringe. It was loud and seemed unfriendly, but I didn't care too much just as long as we didn't get into a car crash.

"Hey fiore," Tony snapped, "Would you kindly slide yourself more to Angelo's side? I don't need one sharp turn sending me six feet under."

"I don't have any room to scoot over so suck it up, buttercup. Why are you even here?"

"Family meeting, fiore. Whether you like it or not, I'm part of the family." I rolled my eyes and looked out Angelo's window. "Why are you here?"

"Why are you two talking to each other?" Angelo interrupted. "This always happens. When do you think you'll learn?"

I crossed my arms over my chest and remained silent the rest of the way there.

____________________

There were a million people here. Cars lined the driveway, and people were piled inside the house that now seemed so small. The conference room wasn't nearly big enough for everyone, so people were setting up a camera in every room so that Mr. D'Amico could be heard all throughout the house.

I was one of the very few wives who actually got her own chair, and I was kind of proud of that. Lilly sat on Dom's lap in the chair to my right, and Angelo was seated at my left. Mr. D'Amico was at the very head of the table, looking as frightening as ever. He was silent, waiting for the rest of us to do exactly that.

"Did you leave SoSo and Alessio with Alessandra too?" Lilly asked quietly.

I nodded, fearing that Mr. D'Amico would call me out over everyone else because I was talking.

Lilly and Dom had a son 5 or 6 months after Alessio was born, his name was Enzo and they claimed he was more than enough for them. The next generation of the D'Amico Family mobsters would have to be produced elsewhere. Luca and Alessandra had a girl around the same time too, whom they named Abree.