♚45. RED (Part II)

"Do not swear by the moon, for she changes constantly

"Do not swear by the moon, for she changes constantly. then your love would also change." —William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

J o r d y n T a m e

Fire.

     THAT WAS WHAT fueled my every desire and movement. The fire diffusing throughout my body before extinguishing into adrenaline prompt my body to fiercefully execute every hit.

"Strengthen your stance, Jordyn! You're giving too much room for an counterattack! C'mon, girl!" Lisa coaches before swiftly countering my attacks. "I told you! I'm finding your rhythm. That's the issue."

   I groan before pulling off the boxing gloves and wiping the sweat off my face with my forearm.

"I know," Lisa trails off. "It's hella hard, but if you keep putting forth the energy, no enemy will hinder you."

I sigh laying my body on the floor. We were both training in one of the aircraft's many training rooms. With the war approaching, I had asked Lisa to teach me some skills. Though I had not discussed my potential participation in combat with Lexis, I knew as Alpha female, I needed to be out there fighting for the humans against the harsh influences of the supernatural union.

"At any given moment the union could agree to the terms revolving the false negotiation. As soon as they accept our 'plead' we must already be ready to perform our secret attack."

Lisa nods her head laying on the floor next to me. "So I guess we just got to keep our eye out. We'll be fine, Jordyn. We will win this war."

My eyes dart to hers before I frowned. "The union has more people than us on this island, we have a hundred members still trapped at the beach house, and I know they have something up their sleeves. I have faith, but faith can only take one so far."

  We fall silent and the only thing that could be heard was our tired breathing.

"Why?" Lisa asks all of a sudden.

I narrow my eyes at her before I sat myself up on the floor. "Why what?"

"Why didn't you tell me Alpha Lexis was your mate? You didn't trust me? You didn't trust Brooke?" She confronts me.

I caved into my habit and bit my bottom lip hard before looking away from her. She wouldn't understand how much easier it would have been to confide to my friends about my deepest secret, but I could not. It was too risky.

"I guess I was too scared. I guess I felt if I told one person, I was telling the world." I responded.

"Look at me," Lisa says. I hesitantly face her softened eyes. "I would have never said anything to anyone. One thing you should know is that I choose loyalty over everything."