Chapter Thirty-Eight: Someone Has to Look Out For Your Dumb Ass

"I don't want to go out," I groaned on Thursday night as Whit got ready in our room.

"Yes you do because all you've done this week is go to class and sit around like a bump on a log," Whitney replied, "Now get your ass out of bed and in the shower and I'll do your hair." 

"Fine," I sighed, pushing the blanket off and grabbing my shower stuff.

It was true, I'd pretty much moped around campus all week since the loss on Saturday night and hadn't even bothered to wear any makeup or wear anything other than my sweats all week.

I took a quick shower and threw my hair up in a towel after getting dressed before walking back to Whitney and I's room.

"You need to get ready!" she exclaimed.

"It's only 9:00 Whit," I replied, "I'll be fine. You're ready, you should do my makeup."

"Yes!" she exclaimed, not even letting me finish my sentence.

"Please don't go too overboard," I sighed as she got out her makeup.

###

"You look hot," Whitney said, grinning ear to ear about two hours later.

"Thanks," I laughed, examining my now curly hair.

"Now, go change!" she exclaimed.

"Sparkly tank top crop top or crop top tank with the flowing crap on it?" I asked.

"Sparkles," she replied.

"You're going to love the pants I got last month," I remarked as I changed my clothes.

"Hot damn!" she laughed as I somehow got the tight pants with a leather strip down the side of each pant-leg.

"Not sure how I'm getting them off but they're hot," I laughed, taking a look in the mirror.

"And I think I know who else will think they're hot," she smirked, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively, "And I think if they're as hot as I think they are he'll have no problem getting them off of you."

"Mhm," I winked.

"So, you'll be going home with him and not back here so I can bring the guy I've been seeing back here," she remarked, reapplying her bright magenta lip-gloss overtop her lipstick.

"I thought you were taking things slow?" I asked.

"We have been I just think things might be reaching that point now," she remarked, "And I was just curious as to where you would be so that if he asks I can give him an answer."

"Then yes, I'll make sure dumbass is sober enough to find his keys before we leave," I sighed.

"Thank you," she smiled, "Now let's get out of here!"

I was more than happy to get out of the room, even if I had dragged my heels just a little bit when Whitney wanted me to get up and around and get ready. Since the trial, I had tried my best to just move on with my life and go back to my normal routine and do the things I was already doing before my life was so suddenly disrupted.

I had really been moping around since we had lost nearly a week ago, but I would've been moping around whether or not all of the shit hand went down with my mom and everything so that was definitely normal. Through it all, Taylor was the best, he didn't treat me like a delicate little flower he needed to keep in a bubble, he just went with the flow and we both went back to normal, it was so funny how much I craved normalcy in the last week or so.

"Taylor open the freaking door!" I exclaimed as I rapidly knocked on his room door that night. Whitney was currently waiting down in the lobby for us so we could walk over to where the shuttles that ran from campus to Caf would pick us up.