Chapter 5

(I changed some things in the last chapter so the flow is better I recommend you go back and read that)Tony POV~
EARLIER THAT DAY

I shot out of my bed as soon as my alarm went off. I ran to the bathroom and took a shower, did all my daily stuff, got dressed and made my way down stairs.

My mom was in the kitchen with a plate of bacon and eggs waiting for me already.

"Thanks mom," I said she just gave me a nodd while smiling.

"Are you excited?," she asked. I smiled so big it hurt.

Let me explain the fast pace that all this is happening in. I was born at 7:23 a.m. And at the time of your birth that's when you know who your mate is....but, the thing is you still don't know who they are. After your birth-time you go to the Wandering Elder.

The Wandering Elder is someone born without a mate. There is only one born every 100 or so years. One is born at least 15 years prior to the death of the old one so that there won't be a period of time where you can't find your mate and so the old one can train the new one.

I know that may seem like an awful life to live but, all the Wandering Elders are blessed by the Moon Godess. They're not able to feel the need for someone else but they feel others' wolf.

Our wolves always know who our mates are. From the minute you're born, waiting and waiting until its time for the human part to know.

The wolf rely on its senses, it knows your mate when it sees them, smells them, or hears them. Until then its not 100% sure your mate is out there.

And this is where the Wandering Elder comes in. They don't tell you who your mate is, they're not allowed to. The Moon Godess forbids that. Instead they can only tell you extremely basic things about your mate. Such as, if you've met them before (which if you have that's very fortunate), what country and city they're in, what language they speak, so on and so fourth.

"I'm so excited," I tell my mom.

"Honey, I know you'll find them eventually but I don't want you to get your hopes up," she says with a serious but kind voice.

"Mother," I say in all seriousness,"I'm certin I'll find my mate soon."

She looked at me like she was ready to cry.

Avery made his way in and first thing he did was ask if she was alright.

"Yeah its just that you're all growing up so fast," she starts to tear up ," excuse me there's something in my eye."

Avery turns toward me,"So... Are you excited for your birthday dinner? Since you know,you don't do parties." He said the last part sarcastically.

"Yes." And with that I got up and left the house. Its 8:45 so I'm gonna have to hurry if I want to get to tge game on time. I hopped on my bike and made the hour and a half ride to the Elder.

I park my bike at the edge of the remote forest. I take off my clothes and let Malakai take over. I feel my bones break and shift, my skin pull and fur sprout through every pore in my skin. Its painful but only for a moment.

(MALAKAI IS NOW IN CONTROL AND IS THE BOLD TEXT)

I take a deep breath. Its my first time in control for a long time. I shake my head and go in a dead run to the Elder's Cabin.