Chapter 32

Giovanni's POV

"Alright, that's it. I think you'll both live" my personal doctor said to us as he finished patching us up.

"Thanks Ankell" Lucas said to the elder man. While I just nodded at him.

"No problem, you already both know the drill with taking care of those wounds so just follow it" Ankell replied packing up his equipment before leaving.

I had to call him over to attend to the bullet wound that Lexi had blasted through my shoulder and Lucas split eyebrow. After Lexi had fired the other shot stopping me from reaching for my gun and dash out of the room, I had gotten up despite the pain in my shoulder dashing after her, but she seemed to be extremely fast because she was already out my apartment and I was greeted by Lucas holding his right eye and blood running down his face and hand. Apparently Lexi had hit him across the face with the gun when she had opened the door and he proceeded to stop her, causing the area in his eyebrow to split.

"Gio, I swear if I ever catch that bitch you called your girlfriend, I'm gonna kill her if you don't get to her before I do" Lucas said angrily.

"You won't need to do, she was my mistake. My mistake to clean up, I'll get to her eventually" I replied seriously.

I don't know how I had allowed myself to be fooled like that. The first time I had ever allowed myself to settle and fall for a woman seriously I got played like this. This wasn't something that I could just let go like that, I had to deal with this issue. I would get to Lexi and teach her a lesson.

"She pistol whipped my face" Lucas said pointing to the right side of his face. "And how did you managed to let her shoot you and got away in the first place".

" I underestimated her. I let my guard down for a second and she shot me then dash out. I seriously wasn't expecting her to know how to shoot the thing" I replied.

"How did she even end up with the gun?" Lucas asked.

"I fired in her direction and she ducked and then use that opportunity to pull it from her bag" I replied.

"So it's hers" Lucas nod with understanding. "I told you that something was up with her from the very night I caught her snooping upstairs at the club. And then that footage of her and what happened with your secretary in the bathroom, I just know that she wasn't as innocent as she seems. Luciano did pick his best actor out of his girls to target us"

"She's not one of his girls. She's his sister" I told him.

"What!? He has a sister?" Lucas asked in shocked. "How the hell did we missed that?"

"I'm still trying to make sense of it all" I said to him. "After I had accused her of being on of Luciano's slut she revealed that she was actually his sister before she ran out of here".

"So is she a Luciano as well or just his mom's child? Because that would mean that she has really had everything planned out, lying to you about being British" Lucas said. " That would mean that she's Italian as well and while you thought she didn't understand Italian she was actually bringing back information back to Luciano".

"I honestly don't know, she had me fooled for months now. I don't really know who she really is. At first when I met her she had a strong British accent then she told me she's been trying to fit in here in America and so she had taken years of practice to perfected American accent" I replied. "She never seemed to understand Italian whenever I spoke it around her, but I don't know anymore. I had allowed myself to get fooled and after what I saw today, its pretty clear that Lexi is an excellent actor".