Chapter 22: Devil on My Shoulder

Louis and I walked back to the larger part of the beach once the sun was entirely gone. When we got there, everyone else was gone. Meaning, Harry convinced Liam and Zayn to go spy on Niall and Marlee. Well, hey, at least he stayed away from Louis and I. Knowing no one else will, we start to pick up all of our stuff and load it in the van waiting for us in the parking lot. Once we've got everything put away, we see five bodies running towards us in the distance. Perfect timing guys. Leading everyone is Marlee, and I immediately assume that Harry was caught spying, as usual. I'm sure he doesn't care though.

"I can't believe you guys! Get a life!" Marlee shouts as Harry and the two other boys in on his plan cry out in laughter. "What happened?" Louis asks. "Niall and I were talking and hanging out and then all of a sudden Harry screams and ruins the only alone time we've had all day!" she is giving Harry a death glare and he knows he's in trouble. But of course, he doesn't care and simply goes back to laughing. "It wasn't worth it, they weren't even doing anything!" he smirked, earning himself a punch in the shoulder from Marlee and laughter from everyone else, including me.

We had just arrived in Berlin, Germany a few hours ago. Given that the boys had no show this evening, Louis and I thought it would be fun to invite Marlee and Niall on a double date, since their last was kinda-sorta ruined by Stupid Styles. Niall was tired, but couldn't pass off a date with Marlee, so they agreed to meet us for dinner at 6.

"Keep up, you guys!" I yelled at Zayn and Liam who were trailing behind on the bike tour of Berlin. "I don't know why they agreed to doing this if they were so bad at biking." Marlee spoke from her bike beside me and I laughed. We had been out for hours on these things and I admit, I was tired. But I wasn't sweating like Zayn and Liam were. I mean, come on guys, man up.

Once we returned to the bike rental shop in the center of town, we decided it would be a good time to go shower, mainly for the weak boys but also so I wasn't smelly and gross in a few hours at dinner. "I can't believe you guys are ditching us tonight." Harry sighs as we walk towards the car waiting for us. "Yeah well, if you can get yourself a girlfriend in the next.. two hours, you can join us." Louis says and Harry perks up, but Liam pushes him over, shaking his head. We get in the car and of course blast Holy Grail, cause we're just that cool, until we get back to our hotel. Then we return to our normal-ish selves.. for the fans, of course.

"Okay well I think we'll all rest until six, yeah?" Louis asks and the three of us agree, the other boys following behind, having their own conversation about German chocolate and what makes it so 'damn' special. Up on our floor, Marlee and I run off to our room and race for the shower, but she smacks me with her giant bag and I loose. Stupid bag, I should get one of those. Once in the room, I jump on the bed and find the TV remote, turning it on and searching for something not in German. Finally I find an old episode of Modern Family, which luckily can be translated, to English. I scroll through and answer some texts from Jemmie and my mum, basically saying how much I love and miss them both. I also added that Jemmie needs to come see us soon, especially when we're in America.

The fact that this tour is already halfway over scares me a bit. What do I do after? Go back to Stanford, or stay home? What will happen with my relationship with Louis?

"Oh my gosh are you watching Modern Family? Hold the freaking phone that show is like my obsession, turn it up." Marlee yells across the room, literally a second after coming out of the bathroom. I laugh and do as she says, offering her a seat next to me. She sits and we watch the show together for a few minutes.

"I think I'll go shower." I get up from the bed and run over to my suitcase to find some clothes. "Good idea." Marlee mumbles, still watching the TV. "What's that supposed to mean?" I raise an eyebrow and she looks over at me smirking. I throw a shoe at her, but she dodges it and continues to watch her show.