Chapter 4

Lorraine's POV

I woke up from a terrible nightmare. I was in Ed's arms and I felt like I was suffocating in his arms. I quickly crawled out of the bed and wrapped a sheet around myself.

"Lorraine, honey," Ed said sitting up and looking to me. "What's going on?"

I couldn't answer Ed when he asked me the question. I shook my head and held up my hand. I wiped my tears away and as quickly as I could.

I gasped for air trying to catch my breath. Ed quickly got up and helped me to sit down. I shook me head once more tried to get a breath.

"Lorraine, what happened?" Ed asked growing worried about me.

"I had a terrible dream, it was a warning," I said softly as I finally got my breath. I took a deep breath and sighed. "If I keep doing what I am, something will happen to one of us, you, Judy, my mother, or myself."

Ed got up and say beside me as I cried into his chest. We had one more lecture before we will head home. Its in Harrisville, Rhode Island. I wrapped one arm around him and continued to cry.

Once I had calmed down enough I got ready and Ed packed our things away. I curled my hair and pulled it back. I put my plaid skirt on, a white long sleeved shirt on with ruffled cuffs, and a black button up vest over it.

Ed and I ate breakfast at the hotel and got on the road by nine that morning. We had to be in Harrisville by one that afternoon. It was only a two hour drive. That have us time to find campus and grab something to eat.

Once we had arrived, Ed and I found the campus and went to go get something to eat. After I had that dream, I couldn't bring myself to eat anything. How can anyone eat after they have a premonition of someone in their family dying? I know I can't eat when something like that happens. 

After we ate, Ed and I headed to the office to get checked in and get help finding our way to the lecture hall. The college was nice and small, and it was easy to find our way around. Once we found the lecture hall, Ed, Drew, and I began to set everything up. 

I sat in the chair for a little bit as we waited until people began to file into the hall. I was already exhausted and ready to go home. I greeted a few of the people as they walked in. Most were nice, some were more skeptical. That is fine, let them be skeptical; one day when something happens like the Amityville case, they will be believers. 

Our lecture lasted about three hours. Not once did we lose interest through the group. That was actually really nice, most of the time we begin to lose the interest of the group, fifteen minutes into the lecture. Most of the people there were non skeptics, that was great. 

Ed and I quickly cleaned all of our equipment up and headed out to our car. Once we had finished loading everything up, Drew came up to us with an older woman. I looked to Ed for a moment after getting a bad feeling about something. 

"Ed, Lorraine," Drew said as he walked up towards us. "This is Carolyn Perron, she has some things that she needs to discuss with you both."

"Hello, I am Carolyn," she timid woman said as she greeted the both of us. Ed placed a hand on my back startling me just a little. My senses were spinning, and I couldn't figure it out about the woman. "Would you mind coming to my house? We think it is haunted."

"We have to get back home, Mrs. Perron," Ed interjected and looked to me then to woman once more. "I am afraid we don't have much time. "

"Wait, you have a daughter, don't you?" Carolyn asked catching my arm after I turned to get in to the car. I stopped and turned my attention back to her, I gave her a nod. "Our girls are too scared to sleep in their rooms alone. We all sleep in the living room to keep warm. When someone has to go somewhere, they go in pairs because they are scared something might happen to them when they are alone. Would you come take a look, please?" 

I turned to look at Ed both of us wearily nodded to Carolyn. I knew when she came up to the both of us she needed some kind of help. I looked to Carolyn once more and gave her a nod and tired smile, I gently squeezed her hand that was still on my arm. 

"Thank you so much," she said with a smile. I could tell that there was something most definitely wrong. She had dark circles under her eyes, and bruises all over her body.

Ed and I figured out where the place was using our map and headed for their place. As Ed headed up the drive way, my breath got taken away. I could hear the cries of the lost souls, and some much evil and violence here on the farm. Ed looked over at me for a moment, and I had not noticed. My attention was all the lands, and the different feelings I was having. 

Once we had stopped and got out of the car and went up to the house, I could hear all of the other entities inside of the house. Some were good and some were just evil. I held on to my cross tightly in one hand. Once Carolyn opened the door, I smile at her and stepped inside of the house along with Ed. My smile soon faded fairly quickly, there was a dark entity who had latched itself on to the back of the Perron family. 

"Here are our girls," Carolyn said I smiled at all of the girls. All four of the girls looked exhausted and like they were ready to fall over and sleep. 

"My God look at you girls," I said with a smile as I entered the living room. That smile soon faded just as the first one did. The entity was all around the girls and follows them around. 

I started to talk with April, the youngest daughter. She was a sweet little girl, I looked at her little music box and did everything like she had told me to do. I did see the boy that she was talking about. His clothes were old, like back from the eighteen to nineteen hundreds. 

Ed and I both sat down with Roger and Carolyn. Ed had begun to tape the interview with Carolyn, once she had finished I explained the dark entity that was in there house. I felt terrible for all of the girls they need the rest and to get out of the house. During everything Ed and I had investigated, the entity would follow them. 

After interviewing everyone, Ed and I headed home to do some investigating of the property and the surrounding land. I knew if we did enough digging we would find the root of their problem and could fix it. Ed and I stayed up very late the night we got home to do some digging on the land that the Perrons lived on.

A/N I hoped you all liked this chapter. I am so sorry I haven't gotten this one out sooner. I have been super busy. I didn't think I would be too busy this summer but I have been. I hope to get the next chapter out soon! Thank you for being so patient with me! 

Have a wonderful day! 

DH