Chapter 37: Princess Aminta

Chapter 37:

Princess Aminta

We soon all gathered in Headmaster Cross’s office, the young, female wolf sitting in the comfiest chair across from Kaien. He looks quite serious with his eyes shut and his arms crossed. He stood up without a word and walked over the window behind his desk gazing upon the Academy’s grounds. Shiki, Zero, Yuuki, Asuna and I stood behind the chair of which the wolf was sitting in—Bane crouched at her side, holding her hand in his.

   Kaien sighed, “I’m not happy…” He mumbled not turning to look at us.

   “It wasn’t our fault Headmaster.” Yuuki croaked bowing. I glanced at her. She looked just as worried as he did.

   “You know what’s happening?” The headmaster finally turned to catch our gazes, “Something horrible is coming and beings like this are drawing it in and closer. She could easily be leading them. I know all of you know by now about this so called ‘Dark Wave’? We can’t have anymore of… of this.” He gestured to the young girl. She looked absolutely miserable after that comment.

   Bane growled at him and stood tall. I rushed to his side and placed my hands on his shoulders, “Calm it… he’s just scared. We all are.” I whispered.

   Bane caught my stare and rested again, crouching and tracing his fingertips along the top of her hand. I sighed and took my place again in-between Asuna and Shiki.

   “What I mean is we have more people to take care of now and we don’t know if anyone can be trusted. We can’t handle these things at the moment. Not until this uproar is over.” Kaien said turning to the window again.

   Asuna stepped forward, “Might I ask what the Dark Wave even is?” She asked. I noticed Shiki run his hand through his hair. He knew!

   Kaien didn’t answer.

   “Can I get an answer or—”

   I nudged her in the arm. ‘Knock it off’ I mouthed to her.

   She frowned, “Honestly?! Who actually knows?!” She snapped.

   Shiki turned away from her awkwardly. She noticed that and glared at me.

   “Say Yuna, does your boyfriend know?” she said harshly.

   “Shut up idiot.” Zero said pinching her arm.

   “Hey! That hurt!” She yelled pinching him back.

   “You guys stop it!” Yuuki cried jumping in the middle. “You’re both acting like children!”

   “Oh my God…” I whispered to myself. I stepped away from them and bumped into Shiki. “Sorry…”

   “It’s fine. They’re annoying.” He said stepping over to the Headmaster. I watched him curiously.

   He whispered something into his ear and Kaien shook his head. “No we cannot tell them.”

   That’s when I sighed and felt like just walking out of the room. Yuuki was trying to stop the argument between Zero and Asuna but it seemed as if she was just making it worse. Bane was now resting his head on the young girls shoulder. Shiki was talking to the Headmaster about probably the so called ‘Dark Wave’ which I was interested in hearing about too but I don’t think they’d casually add me into their fabulous talk about it. I was so tempted to just walk out.

   And so I made up my mind and began to turn to the door. I walked slowly and no one noticed—fascinating.

   As I opened it without a word I stepped out and bumped into Takuma Ichijo. A light bulb just blew up over my head.