Chapter 39

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. My mind momentarily drifted to our make-out session and the obvious bulge in Alaricas' pants. It didn't take a genius to know that what I was feeling beneath me, was in fact, his dick.

He really shouldn't wear pants that are tight in that area, or his zipper will be opening itself each time he gets aroused. Oh yeah, that happened.

"Alright, yes, he was turned on. Good enough?" I frowned.

Nicole smirked, "Good. Ya know how I used to make-out with him in his office just to...hurt you?"

"Yeah?"

Why the hell is she asking me this?

"Well....even though he kissed me back sometimes, I never had that effect on him. Getting that man aroused was nearly impossible. He would always just say he wasn't interested." She admitted.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because, even when that demon took over him during the day, he refused to cheat. The only reason he kissed me back was because, on those rare occasions, he thought I was you."

"So...?"

She sighed, "Goddess, you're a dummy. Shadow, Alaricas' wolf, fought against the demon. The demon, considering they're sexually driven creatures, always wanted to have sex with any whore who jumped his bones. However, Shadow didn't want to cheat on you and neither did Alaricas. So, they constantly fought against the demon. Which is another reason he was probably exhausted at night."

"Why didn't he tell me this?" I whispered.

Nicole smiled softly, "He doesn't know how. He hates talking about the curse a lot, it was a scarring thing for the both of you. He's still struggling with his self-hatred. He's disgusted with himself that he had hurt you. His own mate."

"I just want you to know what kind of man he is. He's the most loyal, loving, and caring man I've ever met. Before Jayden of course. Both of them are wonderful. Alaricas is like an older brother to me now and I can see how much that man truly loves you. Trust me, he will never willingly hurt you. I'm just trying to help you relax more...and escape your fears even more."

I smiled and hugged her, "I know and thank you."

As she did my hair I thought over what she told me. Maybe telling me this will allow me to help him even more. I know he hates himself for what had happened, but I need him to understand that he had no control. It's not exactly a walk in the park to defeat a curse yourself.

I love him far too much to allow him to do this to himself. He has been the best mate a girl could ask for, even though he has his moment where he freaks out. I can't blame him for those moments though, it's just his PTSD getting him.

I smiled at the thought of me loving him. Goddess, I love this man more than chocolate. Now, that's saying something. Pretty sure I'm addicted to that wonderful stuff. Just like how I'm addicted to Alaricas.

I love him.

I nervously walked down the stairs, when my gaze connected with Alaricas' I almost tripped. His eyes were filled to the brim with awe and desire.

The second I reached the bottom stair, he gently grabbed my arm and walked with me outside. I rested my head on his shoulder as we got into the limo.

I frowned at the time, "It's a little late for lunch...sorry."

He chuckled, "Consider it lunch and dinner. Dunch!"

"Dunch?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Yupp."

I rolled my eyes, but remained quiet after that. Both of us were lost in our own thoughts when Alaricas suddenly pulled me onto his lap.

He gently placed a kiss on my neck, "I love you, Jolene. I just want you to know that."

I cupped his face, "I do know that, Alaricas. And I love you too."

When we reached the restaurant, Alaricas wrapped his arm around my waist. I smirked at his possessive growl as a man winked at me. When we finally reached our table, we took our seats.

"Oh, wine." I grinned.

Alaricas raised an eyebrow, "You're not old enough to drink alcohol."

"Oh, come on." I pouted.

He chuckled, "I, on the other hand, can."

"Asshole."

"Bitch."

"Jerk."

"Ing off."

I glared at him, "Honestly, can't you just be normal? Not dirty minded."

"Nope." He beamed.

Thirty minutes passed before our waitress decided to make an appearance. I was already scowling at her when she walked up, but now I'm full out glaring at her.

Seriously, you see a man with a woman at the table, don't assume they're not boyfriend and girlfriend. Matter of fact, don't assume anything and just keep your damn panties up.

"What would you want, handsome." She flirted, batting her eyes.

Alaricas frowned, "Do you have something in your eye?"

"What? No, why?"

"You keep blinking like your life depends on it."

I bit back a laugh as she gaped at him, she quickly recovered though. She smiled once again and gently touched his shoulder.

"Baby, what do you want?" She questioned.

I rolled my eyes, Alaricas glanced at me and winked. I paled, what is he going to do?