SUMMARY

Evan Elliot has always dreamed of being a star. When her band is presented with an offer to tour internationally with the hottest new name in pop music, Tyler James, she and her bandmates jump at the chance. Things change when Evan meets Tyler and finds him to be the most self-centered, obnoxious and pig-headed person she has ever had the displeasure of meeting.

But Evan's band needs as much publicity as they can get. If that means being on tour with someone she hates, then so be it. And if it means fake-dating said person to boost her image? Well, the world of entertainment is a cutthroat business. You gotta do what you gotta do. Besides, Tyler's management has their own reasons for staging a relationship - his party-boy lifestyle isn't doing him any favours.

Cue ten months of sarcasm, sold-out shows, and maybe a little bit of accidental romance.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Alright, friends. I'm not gonna lie. I have definitely been tempted many times to have this as a Harry Styles fanfiction because I imagine my lead guy, Tyler James, as being pretty similar to the kind of thing Harry's got going on. You know - super charismatic star, amazing dress sense, soft-rock/pop music style...all that jazz. And, of course, the fake-dating trope is rife in fanfic (and we all love it, don't lie).

But this is a SERIOUS novel by a SERIOUS author and for that reason I had to lay down my dreams of writing a full-length One Direction fanfiction and create a story and characters that were more original (not hating on fanfic at all - I write shittons of it - you can find the link to my AO3 in my profile).

So, here we have Little White Lies. If you want, you can envision Tyler as kind of a black Harry Styles with a big dose of asshole-ness. I see him a bit like that - but he's his own person, too. Hilarious, hard-working, smart and secretly lovely. Evan's a character all of her own - determined and talented with a quick mouth and an aversion to saying sorry. I love them both - and I know you will too!

P.S. This is also my first time writing a lead character of colour (this is written in Evan's perspective, but Tyler features an equal part) and so I welcome any advice or comments to do with improving the writing of PoC in my inbox.