Ch 51: Letting Go

Francisco Lachowski as Grayson. He's soooooo fine 😍😍

Ashley:

Between feedings, diaper changes and sleepless nights I had no time to think about Damian.

With the help from the guys and my constant supervision the room next door was turned into a nursery. The walls were painted a light grey with framed photos of Micah and Madison from their newborn photoshoot on the walls. White birch trees where intricately painted with pink and blue birds sitting on the branches on both sides on the room. A white rocking chair sat in the corner with an ottoman.
    A shelf had been put up where numerous stuffed toys sat propped up against the wall. Two white cribs sat on the far side one decorated in blue sheets and the other in pink.
  The changing table stood to the side with numerous diapers and wipes ready for use in case of a messy situation.
Overall I was really pleased with the result and very grateful for all the help I received.

Sometimes Ash, Dante, Lance or the girls came to relieve me. They would watch Micah and Madison while I slept for a while. It was exhausting but it was well worth it. They loved and spoiled the twins like crazy.
Mom loved being a grandmother and my dad loved reading to them. He had tried more than once to pry out the fathers names but I was adamant. He'd given up eventually .

Micah and Madison were a month and a half by the time University started.
  "They will be fine, honey." my mom assured me as she walked me downstairs to the front door. Micah and Madison were currently sleeping in their cribs, mom carrying the baby monitor in her hand. "Just go to class and rest assured that I will take good care of my grandbabies. I raised you, Ash and Issac didn't I ?"

I let out a sigh and looked at the black and white screen on the monitor. They lay in their cribs, music playing softly in the back ground. They looked so peaceful, it surprised me just how quickly they were growing up already.

"Okay mom." I hugged her and fixed the strap of my bag trying to keep my hands for reaching for the monitor to check on them again "If anything happens-"

"I'll call you." she laughed softly "Now off you go."

With a final hug I walked out, my heart beating rapidly the whole time.
I climbed into into Dante's car and shut the door. He had offered to drive me to school.

"Ashley, calm down. You'll only be gone a few hours, and as soon as I drop you off  I will be back to check on them." Dante smiled softly, his words reassuring me slightly.

All throughout the drive there I fiddled with the radio, until finally Dante chose one station raising an eyebrow as if daring me to change it. Needless to say I kept my hands in my lap from then on.

Dante parked on the curb and walked around and opened the door for me.

"Thanks." I mumbled feeling self conscious as I felt the eyes aimed our way.

"Have a good day in class and call me when you're ready for me to pick you up." He leaned down and kissed my cheek.

Again I felt eyes on us.

"Is it me or are people staring ?" I whispered.

Dante looked around and shrugged nonchalantly.

"Let them. You're beautiful and I'm a  good looking guy, they're probably wondering if we're together." I shifted uncomfortably "Or they're probably just staring at the car."

I nodded. Yes, the car. Ever since having Micah and Madison I began to feel self conscious. I wasn't as thin as before, my hips were wider and I had a few fading stretch marks on my stomach .