Chapter 11

*******************
It has been few weeks since my marriage. Zaid and i mostly tried to avoid each other. He will always try to tease me which annoyed me so much. Maruf and i became good friends.
****************
I showed Maruf around the school. He actually turned out be really nice and was nothing like the devil.

" i guess we are done for today," i say. I check my watch and it is almost time to go home.

" thanks...i had fun," Maruf says with a smile.

" it was my job," i reply and smile.

" ohcomeon i think you enjoyed it more than that," he says with a smirk.

" what?" i say confused.

" hey do you have a ride home?" he asks changing the subject.

"Umm..," i say. I think Kabeer already left. He said he had somewhere to go.

" i can give you a ride...as a thank you," Maruf offers.

" no no its fine," i say. By now i realise we are already outside. Maruf made a pout. I was about to answer him when someone cuts me off.

" what are you doing with him?" someone says. Maruf and i both turn to see Zaid standing in front of us. I was shocked while Marufs lips broke into a smirk.

" Zaid...what are you doing here?" i ask. He ignores me and fixes his eyes on Maruf.

" what brings you here?" Maruf asks.

" Shut up...what are you doing with her?" Zaid asks. He looks mad. Zaid moves forward and grabs Maruf. I was frozen in my spot.

" i can do whatever i want," Maruf answers.

" stay away from my people or else," Zaid says.

" or else?... What are you gonna do?...beside who is she to you," Maruf snaps back.

" she..," Zaid stops. Maruf laughs.

" i know why you married her Zaid...and you dont deserve her," Maruf says.

Do these two know each other?

They seem to hate each others guts.

" you are no one to decide that," Zaid says. Maruf turns to me.

" come on.. You shouldnt have to go through this...i know you since we were born," He says.

" what?" now that confused me. I just met him few weeks ago.

"Nadia don't you remember me?...we were best friends when we were young then i moved away when i was 11...these past few weeks i have been waiting for you to recognize me," Maruf explains.
I still look at him with a blank look.

" i am Maruf Nadia ...try to remember...remember this?" Maruf takes out a small hand made friendship bracelet and shows it to me.

" i am back...we promised each other we will be together once we were older,"He says. Suddenly memories starts comeing back to me. I remember the boy Maruf. He was my closest friend and the only one there for me when my parents passed. We lost touch only a few months after he moved. I cant believe i didnt recognize him and i gave him the bracelet when he was leaving.

" lets go Nadia...come with me," Maruf says. He reaches for my hand but Zaid gets between us.

" if you touch her one bit, i swear this will be your last breath," Zaid says. His words surprises me but it seemed to have no effect on Maruf. He grabs my hand.

Before i can even process what happened, Maruf drops to the ground. Zaid punched him once on his stomach and then once on his face.

" i told you not to touch her," Zaid says.

" stop!" i scream. Zaid finally looks at me. I look back at him.

" what the fuck is your problem?" i scream at him.

" Shut up...i guess i need to teach you a lesson on how to act like a wife to someone," Zaid says.

" who do you think i am? I am not some toy you can play around with..you treat me like i am not a human... I get it we are going to be married for only 4 months but atleast try to learn how to treat a woman better..i dont even mean anything to you," i say to him. Tears ran down my face. Zaid looked shocked by my words. Without saying anything he grabs my arm and pulls me toward his car. Maruf was still on the ground. I felt bad for him.

I hate you, Zaid.

I hate you for coming into my life.

I hate not knowing how i feel about you.

I hate feeling my heart jump when i see you.

I hate you.