The Arrangement

• Dedicated to Nikki Brassaw

This story was inspried with hanging out with my girl Nikki and we were listening to Bruno Mars "Marry You" and then this scene popped into my head. Royal Pain in the Ass is still going to be the primary story I update, but as I am experiencing writer's block and have a few chapters of this, I thought I'd share. I hope you all like, and tell me your opinions, I love to hear them. Please vote and comment and enjoy <3

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1: Vegas

Why did my head hurt so much? I opened my eyes and saw the sun streaming in through hotel curtains. I felt a wave of nausea hit me and I ran for the bathroom and lost last night's dinner. I rubbed my eyes and poked my eye on something. That's when I noticed it. There was a ring on my left hand. On that finger. Shit.

I started looking around and realized I was only wearing a t-shirt, one that was way too big for me, so it obviously wasn't mine. Sixty-four thousand dollar question was whose it was. I poked my head back into the main room and took in my surroundings. I was in a suite, an expensive one by the look of it. I took a deep breath and walked into the bedroom. What happened last night? I started searching for my clothes and managed to find my bra and jeans and pulled them on, I was about to leave when I heard a voice.

"Is my wife walking out on me after only night?"

I stood straight up and turned slowly to see an attractive man wearing only boxers leaning up against the door frame. His arms were crossed over his well sculpted chest and he had a smirk across his lips and one eyebrow raised.

"What did you just say?"

"I asked if my wife was walking out after only one night? Did you have fun last night?"

"Wait? What happened last night? Di-did you say wife?"

"Didn't you notice that rock on your finger?"

I looked down. Surely that wasn't a real diamond? It had to be cubic zirconium, it covered my entire bottom third of my finger.

His smirk wilted. "You really don't remember?"

"What happened last night? Did we . . . you know?"

He let out a throaty chuckle, the one all men can make. The one that seems to say silly woman. "We are married."

"Look, I don't know what happened last night, but I need to fix it."

"What do you mean fix it? It's not like anything is broken."

"Where are we?"

"My father's hotel."

"Your father?"

"Yes,"

"I need a minute."

"We have a lifetime."

"Stop saying things like that!" I snapped. My head was pounding. What was the last thing I remembered. Katie had just turned twenty-one . . . so we came out to Vegas . . . and we'd been playing truth or dare . . . oh god. I started to look around like a madwoman for my cell phone.

"What are you looking for, dear?"

"I'm not your dear, and my cell phone."

"I'm afraid that fell in the fountain last night."

"I dropped my phone in a fountain?"

"No, you went swimming, darling."

"I'm not your darling," I snapped. "Do you have a phone I could borrow?"