III

"Well despite everything we still have 20 minutes to spare," said Hermione, "how about a quick trip to Hagrid's?"

Harry nodded. They had just finished a filling lunch of kidney pies and he felt like he would bring it all back up every time he thought of potions, at least there was no chance of Draco being at Hagrid's. Ron additionally nodded so they went down the hill to Hagrid's hut.

Hermione knocked three times on Hagrid's door before it gave a mighty swing and Hagrid appeared beaming at them.

"Ah I've missed you three, haven't seen yer for a while."

He waved them inside and headed of to the kettle where he poured four steaming cups of tea, the fourth cup being as big as a bucket.

"Yer should've told me you'll be comin' I'll 'ave made some cakes, I found a new recipe yesterday in the paper an' I wan'ed ter try it."

"Oh that's fine Hagrid, we just had lunch," said Harry glad that they didn't tell him, Harry had five years of experience with Hagrid's cooking.

"So what's been up with yer? Not been inter trouble again?"

Ron grinned "Really Hagrid, since when do we get in trouble?"

Hagrid gave a loud chuckle "You three 'ave been in trouble mo' times then I can count", he patted Ron fondly, "yer take after your brothers, miss 'em them this year, how's the shop comin' along?"

"Oh you'll have to see it Hagrid it's amazing!" Gasped Hermione.

Harry nodded, "It's better then you can imagine, I don't know how they thought of half the stuff." Soon they were all talking over each other telling Hagrid about every product available in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

"That's good ter hear, I've always had a soft spot for them two, they're right funny they are."

"Mind if I get another cup of tea Hagrid?" Asked Ron.

"O' course" Hagrid responded "Just make sure yer don't– Hang on why aren't you three in class, its a Monday."

Hermione jumped out of her seat, "Oh I completely forgot, we have potions!'

After quickly saying their farewells, Harry, Ron and Hermione ran out Hagrid's hut and the minute they set foot outside the sky opened up and buckets of rain came pouring down, dousing the three friends.

By the time they arrived at the castle they were soaked by the rain, Hermione knew a clever charm to dry them but unfortunately it didn't dry their wet robes so it clung on to their skins and made them cold once more.

"Well it's better then nothing!" She snapped at Ron when he gave a scowl.

They continued jogging through the corridors, they had less then one minute till class started. Suddenly the sound of Filch talking to his horrible cat filled the hallway.

"We'll get him one day my sweet, you'll see."

"Run now," Hermione whispered urgently.

"Whats there to hurry for?" Replied Harry, "It's not like class has started"

"No, it's not that, our boots there covered in-"

"MUD!' Fliches booming voice filled the corridors behind them, 'MUD ALL OVER MY CLEAN FLOOR, YOU THREE GET HERE NOW!"

Trusting that Flich was too far behind them to know who it was Harry, Ron and Hermione made a dash for the dungeons.

****

"Hurry up class has already started!" Gasped Hermione as she, Ron and Harry ran through the dungeons. Lucky they had lost Filch on the way to potions.

Ron gave the door to the potions room a big shove so it swung open dramatically revealing a  surprised professor Slughorn and his small class.

"My, it's not like you three to be late,'" said Slughorn.

"Sorry professor... we had...a bit of a...run in.. Peeves, you see," Hermione was so out of breath the lie sounded quite believable when really nothing of the sort happened.

"Ah yes that explains the water then. I've always been surprised how long Dumbledore has permitted that poltergeist in the castle, he's caused a dreadful lot of trouble... But who am I to question the ways Dumbledore, he's probably here just to annoy Mr Filch. Anyway hurry up you three I was just explaining today's lesson"

After Hermione cast the charm again they were a little more drier, however Harry barley realized he was too absorbed in Draco Malfoy.

Why couldn't he have made a better entrance? Instead of coming in half drenched and out of breath, Draco probably thought he was an idiot coming in like that.

"As I was saying" continued Slughorn, "Today we will be brewing a very tricky little potion, Amortentia which some of you will remember as the love potion. Now it is a very hard potion and usually I wouldn't have you make it till the end of the year but I thought it would be fun to try, and since I'm in a decent mood i'll let you work with a partner."

"Seems like all the teachers are in a good mood today," Ron muttered in Harry's ear.

Slughorn began pairing people up at random.

"Yes Miss Granger please go with Ernie, Miss Brown with Miss bones please and Mr Weasley..."

Ron shot a hopeful look at Harry. Slughorn chuckled "Not today Weasley, please go with Miss Fox"

Ron frowned at Harry and moved towards Amanda Fox.

Harry's stomach gave a flip, he and Draco were the last students left.

"And I suppose Harry you can go with Mr Malfoy"