Chapter 39- Over The Edge

Dylan's POV

I stare at the mirror in front of me, adjusting my tuxedo with a frown.

Why am I even doing this?

I don't know why I would do anything for my dad. But I guess he is my dad, no matter what he did to me. No matter what he did to my mom.

He will always be my blood. He will always be the guy that taught me how to protect myself and anyone that I care about. He will always be the guy that taught me how to drive and hack into a device or unlock a door with a bobby pin. He will always be the guy who saved my mom's life and that I am thankful for.

Why did he have to drag Maya into this?

I am currently standing in a fancy hotel in Florence. Maya is in the room next door. I'm scared to see the dress my dad bought for her.

All we have to do is get into the party at the hotel next door, make it seem like we belong there, get to the host whose name is apparently Mr. Corlan, get the package that my dad wants, fly back home and forget this ever happened.

It's been a week since Maya agreed to do this with me at my dad's house. In this time, we drove back to our house, packed and flew to Italy and now we are here.

We'll be in Italy for tonight, tomorrow night and then we fly back the next morning.

I can't stop thinking about Maya.

She is changing in the room next door and my mind won't stop picturing things that I am not supposed to picture.

I know I told Maya that I don't like her but it was a lie. I'll be honest; I'm scared. I don't want her to know how much I care about her. I don't want anyone to have that power over me. Sure, call me bigheaded or whatever but I've never liked anyone the way I like Maya and I don't like it.

I'm like Sheldon Cooper, I hate change. Liking Maya is a huge change for me and I'm not used to it. I'm absolutely terrified and knowing that Maya's life is at risk tonight because of my father is pushing me over the edge.

When I kissed Maya it was so different. I don't kiss many girls, normally I just screw them but with Maya it was something else entirely. It was like I was on a high without the low and ever since that kiss, I have craved her.

I want her so badly but I don't want to admit it.

It hurts knowing that I fell so hard for a girl after I promised myself I would never fall.

Tonight my life is at risk but I don't care, it's Maya's life that I am worried about. I've done this before and quite a few times I have almost died. If Maya dies, I don't know what I would do.

A knock on the door cuts me out of my thoughts, I turn around, still frowning, "Come in." I command and the person at the other side of the door twists the knob and opens the door.

Maya walks into the room wearing a short, tight black dress that ends at the top of her thighs, showing off her amazing legs. Her hair is slightly curled and her makeup is light but perfect. She's wearing contacts and her glasses are gone.

She's so beautiful.

My heart rate picks up as she walks into the room. What is happening to me? I'm going crazy. "These shoes are so uncomfortable." she says and sits down on the bed in my room, adjusting the strap of her red high heels.

"Maya." I whisper. Maya looks up at me, "Please don't do this. I'm begging you, just stay here and I will go get the package. I don't want you to get hurt." I beg.

Maya stands up and puts her hand on my cheek, looking directly into my eyes, "I'm not letting you do it alone. Especially not if it's dangerous. Plus, why would you care if I got hurt? I probably don't mean that much to you anyway." she states and rolls her eyes with a laugh.

Oh Maya, if only knew how wrong you are. You mean everything to me.

"So what do I do?" she asks.

"Well... If you come..." I look down at the ground. I can't let her go.

"Dylan, come on. Trust me, It will be okay." Maya says with a smile.

"Okay... Well you will just have to pretend to be  my really slutty girlfriend. I don't know why but the people that are hosting like open girls and so you just have to always be touching me somehow. The rest you just follow my lead and don't talk unless you absolutely have to." I explain.

I don't mind that Maya has to touch me but I don't want other guys checking her out.

Maya nods, "These guys are scary Maya, they kill for a living. Stay with me no matter what, you can't leave me, not even to go to the bathroom." I command, "Okay?"

"Yeah." Maya whispers.

"Good, then let's go." I say, intertwining my fingers with Maya's and pulling open the room door.

---

I just started writing it started with a converse :O Please could you guys check it out ;) xxx remember to vote and comment :) Love you my nerds <3

Mwahaha, today I am not putting a quote here, instead I am going to put a picture that basically describes my while existence:

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG