The Halloween Scare

Chapter 27: The Halloween Scare
-Bex p.o.v.-

I smirked at the double doors leading into the great hall. Time for the scare of the century.

Walking into the great hall with the crowd, trying to remain unseen, I examined the decorations.
Thousands of jack-o-lanturns were suspended above people's heads, lighting up the large room. Spiderwebs were strung around and bats flew around occasionally with the ghosts.

About ten minutes into the meal I stood, "happy Halloween everyone!" I called. People looked over at me just as the doors flung open. At my words the small army of monsters stumbled into the room. "I would like to introduce you to my monster army!" I exclaimed, saying the code words.

The monsters went into action, just as I instructed them to. The zombies began flipping plates and bowls of food over, some of the food flying onto students and most of it onto the floor. The skeletons broke off one of their ribs and used them as boomerangs, hitting people's hats off. The Frankenstein wobbled up to the teachers table and flipped the table over, causing a few teachers to gasp. The whole room was chaos, people screaming, running around, trying to defeat my army of about thirty monsters.

I laughed loudly. One of the ghouls, just as instructed, lunged for me and threw me over his shoulder. I queued my acting skills and let out my best terrified scream.

Everyone turned to see as the ghoul carried me away, my army following. The ghoul carried me to the empty classroom in the dungeons, all of the monsters gathered around while the ghoul placed me down by the teachers desk.

I quickly locked the door and placed a silencing spell on the door, allowing no one to be able to hear into the room. "Alright, everyone. Please take a seat." I instructed the monsters.

They did as told, a few letting out a "yes master". They all sat in the desks, making it look like I was a teacher for a classroom full of monster children.

"That was bloody brilliant, guys." I complemented them. "You were all amazing. Though, some of you should scream a little louder." I looked pointedly at a banshee that was letting out moans more than screams.

The whole class turned to face the banshee I was speaking about, basically singling him out.

The banshee looked down in shame.

"It's alright, we'll work on it." I shrugged it off. "Frank, you were great! I loved the table throwing." The Frankenstein let out a groan in acknowledgement.

"Skeletons, your boomerang throwing has defiantly improved, you were all great." They clacked their teeth in thanks.

"You ghouls sure know how to throw a party." I chuckled. The ghouls moaned at my words.

"Banshees, good job with freaking people out, that was so good." They let out a small shriek at the complement.

"Grimmy." I looked at the grim reaper in surprise, "you were brilliant! Did you see those people's faces!" The grim reaper lifted his staff and clapped it on the ground a few times.

"You," I pointed to a mummy. "You sir, we're great. But I think you lost a layer of tissue back there, that stuff was flying everywhere." The mummy's all out groans.

"Scarecrows, you were so good, your hay got a little messy but you were great." The scarecrows hummed in thanks.

"Zombies, great job getting food everywhere, amazing." They groaned in harmony to my words.

"So guys, now all we do us wait it out. People will be going crazy still. They'll be looking for the monsters and where you hid me. It'll be so good!" I grinned. "You guys ready for the next part?"

They all banged on their tables. Causing me to chuckle at their reaction. "Alright, calm down. I know you're excited. I am too, but you don't see me making a mess."

They calmed down almost immediately, following my instructions.

"Okay, zombies, you have the dungeons. Ghouls have the first floor. Skeletons have the second. Banshees have the third floor. Frankenstein, you get the fourth floor. Grim Reaper, you are at the fifth floor. Mummy's at the sixth floor. And scarecrows, you get the seventh." I listed, "remember, your job is to make the biggest mess you can. Cause chaos, scare, keep everyone away from me. Any of you who aren't captured by nine-thirty should come to the room of requirement. If you are caught, no worries, you vanish at nine-forty-five."

I peeked out of the room and saw no one. "Alright guys, get to your spots. You have ten minutes before I start making my way up the the room of requirement." I instructed and they all left quickly.

After ten minutes I silently slipped out of the room. I could hear echoing coming from the further down the corridor, I quickly left that area and got away from the sound.

With the stealth of a ninja I maneuvered my way up to the seventh floor. I hadn't ran into anyone or thing yet, my monsters were doing a brilliant job.

Pacing in front of the empty wall I thought 'a room where no one will find me except for monsters, I need somewhere to hide' a steel door appeared. I quickly entered the room and made sure to close it all of the way.

The room was large; filled with comfy looking couches, bookshelves loaded with books, a large table covered in art supplies, and plenty of room to goof off.

"Mitzi," I called.

A small pop was heard and the elf appeared in the room. "Master Bex," she bowed, "what can Mitzi do for yous?"

"Mitzi, I need you to bring me a sandwich and promise me that you won't tell anyone that I am here. No one at all. If someone asks if you have seen me or know where I am, you lie. Alright?"

"Yes Master Bex. Mitzi will tell no ones you are here." The elf spoke loyally.

"Great, thank you so much." I smiled.

"Mitzi will be back with sandwich." She disappeared with another pop, only to reappear seconds later, a sandwich in her small hands.

"Thank you." I smiled, taking it from her. She was gone with one last bow.
Just as I was about to take a bite of the brilliantly made sandwich the door opened.

In walked a tall, raven haired, icy eyed boy. "Hello Dumbledore," he smirked. Andrew Blake.

"Blake, what a wonderful surprise." I rolled my eyes. "And how did you find out I was here?"

"The spirits told me where you decided to hide out." He chuckled and plopped down with me on the couch. "I told you that they were everywhere and tell me everything they see. Some are even in here with us."

I raised an eyebrow, "are they the ones that you said follow me everywhere?"

He was looking over my shoulder intently, "yes, and the woman says she doesn't approve of all of the pranks you pull." He chuckled, "but the man is very proud, he says that he's glad that you prank, it's in your blood."

"I don't get what you mean," I spoke, my eyebrows frowned in confusion.

"Don't worry about it, you'll understand soon." Andrew said with a small shrug. "Just so you know, your monsters are doing a great job at causing havoc, everyone's freaking out and trying to find you."

"It's all part of the plan." I smirked. "I have plenty more up my sleeve for Halloween."

He nodded. "Have fun, I'll be out by the lake, don't bother sending your ogres after me, I'll be in the great hall in time for the grand finale."

I laughed, "good." He chuckled and left the room.

Right on time, the remaining monsters came into the room. And five minutes after they entered the room they disappeared into thin air. Ogres took their places.

Standing eight feet tall the ogres looked down at me, waiting for my instruction.

"Alright boys, lets go cause some destruction and mayhem, shall we?"
They groaned in agreement. "If I know my dad, everyone will be sleeping in the great hall. Lets go," I opened the door.

They all filed out and stood against the wall, waiting for me to lead. I giggled, thinking how much they looked like little first years, waiting for the professor to tell them what to do.

I stood in front of them for a second, thinking of what I should change into. I took the form of a large midnight black wolf, barking at the ogres they started to follow me.

I ran off for the great hall, all of the ogres following in a single file line. When I came to the great hall doors I motioned for one of the ogres to open the door.

They slammed open, creating a large bang. Everyone inside the great hall sat up with a start. As the ogres ran in, causing havoc among the students I sprinted for the teachers table.
Leaping on top of the table I howled.
Everyone turned to face me, the ogres stood at attention, while the students and teachers watched me hesitantly, letting fear take over their faces.

As I changed into myself Andrew Blake appeared out of a dark corner.

"Bex!" Lily screamed.

I laughed. "Hey Lily." I smirked slightly.

"You did this!" She exclaimed.

"That's right." I singsonged. "Like I said, these are my monsters."

"Ariana, dear, where are all of the other monsters?" My dad asked curiously.

"Back where they came from. Books." I smirked. "You really shouldn't have showed me that spell, Lily."

"We weren't in any danger?!" Someone yelled.

"That's right." I smirked. "It's Halloween not 'National-Put-Everyone-In-Danger-Day'." I rolled my eyes. "Just wait for what I have planned for then." I chuckled darkly, causing some people to look scared.

"You planned all of this?" A Hufflepuff asked timidly.

"No, I stole it from someone else." I spoke sarcastically. "Of course I planned this. I've been planning it for weeks. And it all went perfectly. You should have seen your faces, hilarious!" My smirk widened. "But don't worry, I got it all on video. You'll see it in the morning."

Peeves came floating into the room, "what a wonderful scare! It was brilliant!"

"I try," I gave a chuckle.

"Off to bed everyone, you'll be safe now." Dad gave me a pointed look.

"Dumbledore! Detention for a month!" Minnie said and stormed out of the room.

"You're just punishing yourself!" I called after her with a laugh. "Great work ogres!" I praised them before snapping my fingers and causing them to disappear.

"What a grand finale that was." Andrew spoke coming up behind me. He held out a hand and helped me down from the table.

"Why thank you." I smiled at him.

"Shall we go to bed?" He asked.

"We shall," I nodded with him.

Together we walked out of the empty room, everyone else having already left for bed.

"You aren't that bad, you know." I spoke to Andrew.

"You aren't either, Dumbledore." He chuckled.

"I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship, Blake." I commented.

"I couldn't agree more, Dumbledore." He threw an arm over my shoulder and walked me to my common room.

"Thanks for walking me to my common room," I smiled, standing outside of the door. The Fat Lady watched impatiently as we conversed in front of her.

"No problem." He shrugged off easily. "Goodnight." He said and started off.

"Hey, wait." He turned back to face me. "Aren't you going to your dorm, shouldn't you go sleep?" I asked him curiously.

"I don't need to sleep. My gift does have it's advantages, I usually go hang out in the Room of Requirement." He shrugged.

"Oh, well have a nice night." I smiled at him.

"Remember, if you ever need me, I'll always know." He said before turning a corner and leaving my sight.

----------------
I feel so bad! I haven't updated in forever! It's been like a week! That's so long! I'm really sorry guys, I tried to make it as long as possible because I took forever to update. I hurt my hand and it's been really hard to type so it took me like they minutes to write one paragraph without any errors in it.
So tell me what you think! Comment, vote, share, follow, fan, etc. I love you guys! Thanks!