Not Paid to Wonder {26}

Just in time the bus pulled up and I got in and payed with the spare change that I had. Opening up the notepad on my phone I decided to make a list of what I was buying.

Dresses
Skirts
Heels

I was disappointed to see that I only had three things on the note pad.

Exiting the app I played Candy Crush since from the two times that I went to the center I knew it was 30 minutes away.

The bright lights were still bright in the afternoon sunshine. The bustling people walking everywhere was very different compared to the streets of Georgio Armani.

After walking out the bus I went to the first store which was Forever 21. I found three really cute dresses. I had a tight black dress that I was a little hesitant to buy but it was on sale for $9. I had a cute white skater skirt dress. In my cart was also a pink knee length lace dress.

I added a leather tote bag, black leather shorts, a black blazer and a white blazer and I as I passed the accessories aisle I knew that I had to add some jewelry. I placed two packs of earrings, a three statement necklaces, a set of rings, and a watch. My watch wasn't as fancy as Mr McKinley but it was at least something.

I also picked up some strappy heels and flat sandals that were on sale. I calculated my total and it pained me to find out that it was $123. I want used to spending a lot of money like that. My need for Mr McKinley to not be embarrassed of me as his PA is what encouraged me to pay for the clothes. After leaving Forever 21 I checked the time to see that it was almost 3pm.

I walked into Charlotte Russe and I bought a a pair of black slacks that hugged my hips. My butt was protruding but I used Portia advice about how it's okay to look sexy and I bought the pants.

I also added a purple button up, and three loose flowing patterned tanks. I bought tan and black flats that were being sold together for the price of one. Once again I calculated my price and saw that it was $87.

After paying for them I walked into H&M to get a black pencil skirt and I ended up walking out of H&M having spent $50 on the skirt and a pair of grey suede pumps. The line in H&M was insanely long. It was at least a thirty minute wait.

I walked into Walgreens and also bought some hair products. Since i was thirsty I went to the corner store on the street and bought a soda. Seemingly exhausted I rushed to the bus stop since the next bus for my house would be arriving at 6:10.

When I got home I immediately charged my phone. I then arranged all my clothes that I bought together and I went to my kitchen. Due to my late night snacking all the food that I had left was cookies and cereal.

I was exhausted from all the shopping and clothes organizing that I had done today. After counting my total money I saw that I had $750. I made a mental note to go grocery shopping tomorrow as I took out my laptop.

Sitting on my bed I powered on the expensive device. I snacked on my cookies as the apple on the screen showed me that the laptop was on.

Immediately the laptop pinged with an email notification.

There was four emails from Mr McKinley.

Thursday, May 10
9:50am
Ms Suren this laptop is for you. Learn how to use it and place my contacts into it.
Ian McKinley
MCKINLEY ENTERPRISES CEO

Thursday May 10
11:32am
Welcome to McKinley Enterprises.
Ian McKinley
MCKINLEY ENTERPRISES CEO

Friday May 11
10:32am
I assume you have met Portia by now. Don't worry about the cost of anything. Call me if any problems occur.
Ian McKinley
MCKINLEY ENTERPRISES CEO

Friday May 11
11:50am
Confused as to why you respond to texts but not emails. I can only assume that you don't use the laptop. Start using it.
Ian McKinley
MCKINLEY ENTERPRISES CEO

After setting up my account and personalizing the laptop I opened the email app and I sent Mr McKinley my first email.

Saturday May 12
8:53pm
My apologies sir. The laptop slipped my mind. I will try to be as quick as I can to return your emails from now on.
Delilah Suren

I took out the piece of paper that had Mr McKinley's contacts on it and I saved it onto my laptop. The laptop pinged again and as I opened Mr McKinley's emails I made a reminder to change the tune since it was hardly heard.

Saturday May 12
9:21pm
Tomorrow we are meeting for lunch with Daymond John at 11am.
Ian McKinley
MCKINLEY ENTERPRISES CEO

I was surprised that Daymond even remembered who I was. It's not every day that the man who you had a drunk conversation with invites you out to lunch.

Saturday May 12
9:23pm
Okay sir. What time should I be at your office?
Delilah Suren

After I sent that email I waited five minutes and I had no reply. I waited a couple of more minutes before I gave up and cleaned up the crumbs that I got on my bed and washed my hands.

Going back to the laptop I was surprised that Mr McKinley still didn't respond yet. I refreshed the email page and I decided to change the ringtone to a much more prominent one that could be heard from a distance.

Going into the bathroom I washed and conditioned my hair with my new products that I bought today and I was satisfied with the results. My hair looked thicker and healthier.

Whenever I would braid my naturally curly hair wet, by the next morning my hair would be curly and bouncy. So after washing I braided my hair with some more hair cream that I got. The smell of berries and vanilla floated in the air from my hair products.

After taking a shower and shaving my legs I put on underwear, a tank top and some pajama shorts. As I was looking through my fridge for something to drink the laptop beeped. I hated to admit the fact that I ran to the computer.

I jumped into my bed and saw the notification showing that Mr McKinley emailed me back.

Saturday May 12
10:48pm
You're not coming to my office. I will have someone come over with clothes for you to wear. Be ready by 10:30am
Ian McKinley
MCKINLEY ENTERPRISES CEO

Saturday May 12
10:50pm
Is Portia coming?
Delilah Suren

Saturday May 12
10:52pm
No, I had her pick out something for you. You can't get dressed without her?
Ian McKinley
MCKINLEY ENTERPRISES CEO

Saturday May 12
10:55pm
No. I can. I was just wondering.
Delilah Suren

Saturday May 12
11pm
You are not paid to wonder. Goodnight.
Ian McKinley
MCKINLEY ENTERPRISES CEO

I quickly typed back a goodnight and I plugged my laptop into the outlet. Mr McKinley was rude, but I knew better than to complain since my career was literally in his hands. I took my phone out of its cable and set my alarm for 7am. Then I played Candy Crush till I fell asleep.