Thoughts

I woke up early on the first of September once again, not out of habit but because I couldn't get back to sleep after a nightmare I had early in the morning. I walked into the kitchen and had a cold glass of water. I glanced at the clock and saw that it read 06:55, 'Why am I up so early?' I asked myself as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I wasn't hungry at the time so I only had a biscuit then waited for an owl to deliver the papers. It eventually came at 07:30 with a slight tap on the window, I paid it the sickles and it flew off. No deaths today, only the official announcement of Snape's new position as headmaster of Hogwarts. "I welcome the opportunity to uphold our finest wizarding traditions and values" Snape killed Dumbledore yet he's been made headmaster, I can't believe McGonagall and the other heads of houses are standing for this. I'm glad I don't go there anymore or I'd be kicking off about it, McGonagall was deputy head so she should now be head, I suspect the 'Ministry' is involved in some way.

9 o'clock rolled around and I was getting irritated with my thoughts, I decided to go get dressed and go for a walk to clear my head. Unfortunately it was raining so I had to take my umbrella and dodge puddles. I wrote a quick note telling everyone where I was and that I'd be back later. I pulled on my boots and headed out the door, as soon as I reached the cobblestone street I was battered with rain and the cold wind. I pulled my coat tighter around me as I walked onto the muggle streets of London and wandered aimlessly through the rushing crowds racing to work.

 I ended up at a small park that had a little playground, I walked over and sat on a swing set, ignoring the wetness that seeped through my jeans, and used my legs to rock myself gently. My head was swarming with thoughts about everything; The baby, the house, family, friends, the war, Hogwarts, life. These topics circulated in my head till I regained focus on my surroundings, the patters of rain on my umbrella broke the deafening silence of the park along with the occasional squeak of the swing. I was soaked to the bone so I went to a near by cafe to shelter from the rain, I bought a cup of tea whilst I was in there. At 10 the rain began to ease off so I chose to brace the wind and light rain again. I walked some more and stopped at a train station. Kings Cross. 'Was I subconsciously making my way here?' I asked myself as I walked in and made my way to the all too familiar wall between platforms 9 and 10. I leaned on it casually before walking backwards onto platform 9 3/4, it was busy but was hardly excitable, I guess everyone saw the announcement, the only excited children were the first years but they don't know what Snape is like yet. "Annabelle?" Someone called out, I turned my head and saw a tall, dorky, dark haired lad walking towards me, I squinted and furrowed my eyebrows. "Neville?" I said questioningly. "Yeah! What are you doing here?" He asked as he hugged me. I pulled out and shrugged my shoulders.

"Honestly, I don't know. I sort of drifted here." Smoke from the scarlet steam engine drifted between us, obscuring my vision slightly.
"Anna!" I heard another scream of my name and two people rushed towards me. As they got closer I saw that it was Ginny and Molly, I was jumped on by Ginny as Molly helped with her trunk. "Ginny I saw you three weeks ago." I giggled and she let go, she laughed with me but shook her head. "And? How are you doing?" She asked happily.
"I'm good. Fred and I found a house in Bath, it's gorgeous." I smiled happily.
"That's wonderful." Molly grinned. Neville walked off to his compartment on the train and in place of him, Luna came wandering over. "Hello Annabelle." She said dreamily. I gave her a hug which she returned.
"How have you been Luna?" I asked her politely.
"I've been good. Daddy has been a bit worried but, with everything that's going on, who isn't." She said. I nodded in agreement as the train whistle sounded, indicating that they had to board the train. I gave them both hugs and they got onto the train.

My knees started shaking and my teeth started chattering as the train pulled out of the station and for the first time this morning I have realized how cold I am. "Oh Annabelle you look freezing, let's get you back to yours." Molly said as she lead me out of the station. We walked back in the rain quietly and the only conversation between us was about drinks when we got back. When we did eventually get back, I was engulfed in a hug as soon as I set foot in the flat. "Thank Godric you're alright." Fred breathed from my shoulder, I slowly pried him off of me and took off my wet boots and coat. "I did leave a note on the side." I said as I turned the kettle on and took out two mugs.
"Hi mum." George said as he came out of his room with Cece behind.
"Where were you?" Fred asked, I could tell that he was really worried about my disappearance this morning.
"I went for a walk, I had too much on my mind." I shrugged as I handed Molly her tea and she gave a small 'Thank you.'
"I woke up and you weren't in the flat, I thought something had happened to you." Fred continued. I put my hand on his shoulder comfortingly. "I'm here now, and I'm unharmed." I smiled and he pulled me into another hug.

Molly stayed for lunch then headed back to the Burrow. I walked to our room to pack some of the pictures that are on my bedside table for our move in a few days. Fred came up behind me and wrapped his arms round me. "You're freezing." He whispered.
"I feel fine." I mumbled but honestly I was cold.
"I ran a bath for you, go and get in it to warm up and relax." He mumbled into my shoulder and moved me out the door.
"Fine." I sighed and walked to the bathroom. I lowered myself into the bubble bath and laid back. This is much more relaxing than a walk.