Beyond Beauty

Beyond Beauty

She lived beyond her imagination. Belle believed that beyond the boundaries of reality, there existed a dream that held her destiny. The dream she always saw every moment she closed her eyes was the dream that gave her hope. A dreamer she had always been—with her nose stuck in a book and her head up in the clouds. Although she lived in a little town, she embraced a huge world of her own.

Although many leaves fell and trees bloomed once again, what happened today was a reflection of the past. The story never died. It just changed, and the plot thickened.

Belle lived in her own world—a secret world that people could not reach—and that made her an outcast of the normal world. There was something funny and something weird about her, people said. She was a funny girl, that Belle.

Belle was beautiful—her looks got no parallel, as the song went on. Yet in spite of her beauty, people treated her as an outcast.

Was there something more than that pretty face? One day, she met a creature beyond her wildest dream—a creature no one ever dreamed to exist. That creature was called The Beast.

Was she scared? Yes, she was scared out of her wits. She did not deny the fear. She faced the reality of fear. She tried to escape. Yes, she did that because that was a sane thing to do—the normal human reaction. And Belle was normal.

However, there was one thing beyond that pretty face, and that was what we called a heart so pure. Belle opened her heart and listened to what it said. That was when she really started to see—the reality beyond her dreams.

In the midst of loneliness and sadness, there existed The Beast. Alone in his suffering for having a heart so cold, he bore the punishment of being the creature men feared in their most horrible nightmares.

A warm touch above the cold heart—that was what Belle gave the Beast. And her warm touch melted the coldness of his heart.

A love beyond what eyes could see—a love that bloomed around The Beast and Beauty.

On the other side of the universe, there existed a girl. The girl moved in but a tiny world—few people were involved in her own little drama. Few people played the characters. She was not popular. She enjoyed dreaming and living as if she were in a dream. And she enjoyed being in love.

Her silent love that she could not express—was the love that grew each day. She loved a guy with a cold heart—a guy who failed to see she existed.

She was not like Belle who was gifted with so much beauty. She was just a simple girl with brains who just blended in with the crowd, unnoticed.  Her choice—her love—was someone beyond her reach. He was a popular guy living in the opposite world.

Could she really reach him?

That was an example of a scene nowadays. Still, did that have to do something about Beauty and the Beast? Was I trying so hard to put two different stories together as if they were somehow related?

No, I was not even trying to link them. I was trying to implement the main idea that Belle was an outcast in spite of her beauty, so her beauty was somehow useless. Yet beyond all that beauty, there existed a heart so pure—the very heart that conquered the Beast’s kingdom of loneliness—the very heart that loved.

The girl I was talking about was just the same—gifted with brains, but was treated as an outcast. She who enjoyed dreaming and living in her own little world like Belle, chose to fall in love with someone indifferent to her existence. How would society accept her? Would society pull her down? Or would she fight for what she felt—never giving much care on what people think about her? She only had the brains—that was what people made her believe. Still, was beauty that important? Did she have to be beautiful for him to notice her existence?

I leave this for the readers to ponder on. Well, for me, I believe that beyond beauty, there exists the most important thing ever—and that is the heart.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dyosa Maldita Creations = R│E│A│D│L│I│N│E│S

“Typographical Errors inevitability.”

Plagiarism is a crime. Let’s create our own.”

“Say ‘NO’ to unauthorized distribution of online manuscripts. Let’s give respect to the creators and their creations.”

* Credits to whoever owns the picture from the Internet for the book cover I used. 

谢 谢

Dyosa Maldita

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~