The Angel Tree Topper

It had been over two months since I had told Fred about my, some-what, loneliness. In those two months Fred had Cece come round every weekend and her and I grew even closer than before, she had told me about the shop and how well that was doing but also anything to do with the Order which was great because then I could tell if any of my friends or family were dead, which luckily none of them were. I also had Remus come round and he told me that Tonks was also pregnant with his child. Remus was freaking out and worrying that the baby would have his lycanthropy, I had to calm him down with his favorite tea and we just talked about it all; his baby, my baby, the war, after the war, it was actually quite relaxing. It felt like old times where we would sit in the kitchen in the early hours of a summers morning after a full moon and just talk about anything and everything, I would learn so much about my father and mother and the Marauders and I would feel content about what my family used to be like.

I was nearing the end of my second trimester of my pregnancy and the baby should be here in about three months time, meaning that it was December, December the 24th to be exact. Fred and I finished decorating the baby's room a few weeks ago and it was now ready for when the baby arrives and it's just like how I pictured it.

It was midday on Christmas Eve and I sat on the sofa staring up at our Christmas tree, it was beautiful yes but I couldn't help think that it was missing something. Fred walked in with a tray of mince pies and set them in front of the sofa. "You alright love, you've been glaring at the topper since we put it up there." Fred chuckled as we sat down. I sighed and tilted my head at the tree topper again, it was a plain, old star that we bought when we bought the other Christmas decorations. "It just doesn't seem right." I sighed again. Fred gave me an odd look and stared at the tree topper. 

"It seems fine to me." He said and stuffed a mince pie in his mouth. The cogs turned in my brain as I tried to work out why I didn't like the star; it didn't feel traditional, it didn't look like how I thought the first tree I would actually buy myself would look like. I continued to think when something finally clicked. "My Mum's angel!" I sprang up from my seat.

"What?" Fred asked as he followed me upstairs.
"My Mum's angel tree topper, I had always wanted it for my first Christmas tree when I was younger, I guess I never bothered to go back and find it. But now that I do have my own tree, it doesn't look right without it!" I quickly a threw on jumper and rushed back downstairs. "Where are you going?" Fred asked as I tied up my shoelaces.
"Godric's Hollow for the angel. Don't worry I'll drive." I recently passed my muggle driver's test so we have a small car for us to get to and from town in when the weather is terrible. I pulled on my coat, hat, scarf and gloves and turned back to Fred. "I'll be fine, don't worry." He put his hands on my hips and pulled me closer to him, well, as close as he can get me with my semi-large stomach. He leaned in and kissed me softly, I wrapped my arms round his neck and played with his hair. When we pulled away we were both breathless. "I love you." We said at the same time, laughing afterwards. I gave him a final peck on the lips and walked out the door to the car.

It wasn't a very long drive to Godric's Hollow, only about an hour and a half but already it was dark. I drove down a snowy lane as the last rays of the sun's light shone on the horizon, it must be around 3 o'clock and depending on where in the house the Christmas decorations were would dictate when I would arrive back home. I pulled up to my parent's small cottage, more prepared this time than the last, however with the hormones the baby causes, I could be a blubbering mess. I got out of the car into the soft snow and locked it behind me. I walked straight into the house, as confident as I could be at that time. I thought about where Mum and Dad would've kept the decorations and my first instinct was to check the attic, I headed up stairs to the landing and used my wand to pull down the ladder to the attic. "Lumos maxima." I pointed my wand to the roof and a ball of light lit up the cold, dark attic.

After half an hour of searching the attic I found the box labeled "CHRISTMAS DECS" in my Dad's handwriting. I opened up the box and searched through the strands of tinsel and the never ending baubles till I found something wrapped in brown paper. I untied the string that held the brown paper together and carefully unfolded it. In the palm sat a gorgeous angel, her dress was beautiful and silky soft and her wings were still fluffy. I wrapped her up again and held her tight to me as I climbed back down the ladder and exited the house.

Despite the cold weather I walked past my car and headed to the graveyard, I passed the statue of James, Lily and Harry and was reminded of the absence of Harry, no one has seen any of them since that unfortunate summer's evening over 4 months ago. I shook the upsetting thought from my head and continued to walk through the light snow to the graveyard. The church was filled with a soft choir of people singing Christmas hymns. I opened the kissing gate and closed is slowly behind me. There was a small layer of snow on the ground and on the graves from the days snowfall, the path remained untouched but there was foot prints on the grass. Unaware of my actions, followed the footsteps that trailed near my parent's graves, however, they did not lead to their graves, instead they lead to a different grave.

There was two figures curled up beside each other looking at the grave before them. The girl lent down and charmed a wreath of Christmas roses to form on the grave, obviously she was a witch. She had brown, wavy hair that stopped just after her shoulders, the boy had black messy hair that was all too familiar. I walked closer to get a better look but I clumsily tripped on a small head stone and cursed under my breath. The pair were still a small distance but nonetheless they heard me and their heads whipped round and I was able to get a better look at them. The girl had kind brown eyes and soft pink lips. The boy had black rimmed glasses and a barely visible scar in the shape of a lightning bolt. "Harry? Hermione?"