chapter 48

Savanah's P.O.V

the first couple of days with Andrew was hard but we got through it. Nick's been taking care of him at night and won't let me do it saying that i need the rest. and he's been getting tired the next but he still goes to work, i have no idea how he does it. 

but tonight when we went to sleep i can tell he's out and won't wake up when Andrew is. so when i heard Andrew crying i got up and went to his room and picked him up and started to rock him side to side. 

"daddy's tired to do this himself but don't worry mommy's here to take care of you" i cooed

his reply was gurgles, i smiled and sat down on the rocking chair and checked the time and saw that it was around four in the morning. i saw that Andrew fell back asleep but i didn't want to let him go just yet so i leaned back in the chair and held him to me.

i don't remember falling back to sleep but i woke to seeing Nick in the doorway watching us. when he saw that i was awake he walked to me and got Andrew from my arms and helped me up. when i got up and said "you were so tired that i had to let you rest"

"thank you but you could've woken me up to take care of the baby you need your rest too you just had a baby" he said

"i know i did but i feel fine enough to wake up in the middle of the night to tend to the baby. i see you look so tired and you go to work all tired but you never complain" i said

"why would i complain when i have all i ever needed in my life. i have a beautiful wife and a baby boy" he told me

"let me cook you food before you have to go to work" i told him walking to the kitchen but before i could get past him he grabbed my waist and said "how about i cook you guys breakfast and you sit on the table waiting for it" 

i still can't cook for anything and he knows that so he won't let me cook. he gave me Andrew and we walked to the kitchen with me sitting at the table and him in the kitchen setting up everything. Andrew started to cry cause he wanted food so it was time to breastfeed him. i got up told Nick what i'm going to do and went back to his room and breastfed him.

once i was back Nick had the food ready so i put Andrew in his chair and started to eat.

"my brother and sister want to come and visit to see Andrew" i told Nick

"when do they want to come?" he asked

"they said that they want to come soon but i don't know yet i'll ask them" i said

"okay they can come whenever they what just warn me before hand" he said

"okay i will tell them that" i said 

"well i need to get ready for work" he said getting up and taking both of our plates to the sink.

while he left to get ready i went to the living room with Andrew. thirty minutes later Nick came back out all dressed. he walked over to me and kissed me and then kissed Andrews forehead.

"call me for anything Savanah even for the littlest thing okay?" he asked me.

"yeah i know you say this everyday before you go to work" i say to him

"i know but i don't want you to get hurt or Andrew" he said 

"we'll be fine we'll just be hanging out here i'll probably call Josh and Alex telling them that it's okay to come over" i told him so he won't worry

"okay bye babe" he said kissing me and Andrew one last time before he left

like i said i called Josh and Alex telling they could come over whenever they want to. after that me and Andrew just laid around and once and awhile i had to change his diaper and feed him. but i love to do this cause i never had the chance to do that with my siblings kids so i want to do this myself.