40 // Boob

"Seriously, Jo?", Kandy turns her body to ask me while reaching into the bag of gummy bears I also had in my hands.

"Yeah", I nod.

For the next minute, we both carried on watching the guys play basketball from the farthest rows of the gym hall seats. It was P.E. class but the girls didn't have anything else to do other than chill around the seats, talk about the upcoming prom and watch the game - which was currently Damon's team playing.

He ran around the court like a pro, stopping every so often only when the ball was passed back to him and he could run towards the hoop of the other team.

All while I absentmindedly ate my candy with Kandy and answered her questions without taking my eyes off of Damon.

She groans next to me, "I... I don't even know what to tell you, to be honest. I've never been in this kind of a problem before."

"I know", I scoff, "And obviously, you wouldn't. I'm the only possible girl at this school who has fallen for such an amazing, impossibly perfect - in my mind, at least - guy, who I soon, maybe, might be calling my step fucking brother, for god's sake."

Shaking my head to myself at my own words, I look up again to see Damon cheering with his team about the points they scored and won. Still laughing with them, he glances around the seats where we sat and stops at me, smiling even more when he notices how much I was looking at him all along.

"See?", Kandy's voice brings me back, "See how disgustingly sweet you two are?"

"Oh, stop", I laugh.

"No, I'm serious. You've changed so much since you've met the guy, and I only mean to say this in the nicest way possible."

"Changed?"

"Yeah, changed. For the better."

"... Thanks?"

"No problem."

Looking away from her, I move my attention to Damon again when he's already worriedly looking at me from across the gym, probably at my suddenly saddened expression.

He mouths to me
What's wrong?

I shake my head and smile
Nothing

Sure?

Yep.

He's about to motion something else to me when one of his friends from his team hides behind him and motions the a finger going into a hole sign to me as a tease.

I end up laughing at the gesture and also at how cutely Damon gets mad at him immediately after he sees what he was doing.

Oh, well.

|

Walking through the kitchen door after coming back home from school, I find my mum searching for something in the fridge and go over to kiss her on the cheek as a greeting, "Hey, mum."

"Jo? I didn't even hear you come in", she glances back to me with a gentle smile, taking out ingredients from the bottom shelves, "How come Damon's not with you?"