Chapter 2

The one? The one??

What was he talking about? I was so scared to even move or speak so I just stood there shaking trying to figure it out in my head. I had no idea what he was talking about or why he suddenly was pacing around my room emotionless running his hands in his dark brown curls. My body was still shaking and heart still pounding watching him even if he was feet away from me.

I whimpered and heart practically jumped out of my chest as he looked back over to me growling. He quickly came back putting his nose in the crook of my neck and I braced myself for the pain but again, nothing. I don't know if I felt anger, fear, or relief more at this moment.

I opened my eyes looking around before looking at him again when he pulled away in deep thought. He didn't look angry or even evil anymore, he just looked confused then like he just realized something "That explains it" he whispered looking at me emotionless. I swallowed hard looking away. What explained what?

"What's your name?" he asked. "C-carter" I stuttered out before even realizing it "Carter, I need you to come with me" he stated and I instantly shook my head. Come with him? Where? You just wanted to kill me and now I suppose to go with you somewhere I don't even know. He didn't seem happy with me shaking my head though.

"We'll try that again. Carter grab some clothes you're coming with me" he stated in a commanding voice. I just stood there shifting my weight on both feet weighing my options. If I go with him, I could end up dead. If I refuse, I could still end up dead. No chance of survival for me.

He hasn't killed me though. That doesn't mean he won't. But what the hell did he mean by I am the one?

He walked away towards my dresser and started grabbing clothes and my other stuff on the bed. He grabbed two of my bags in the corner and started filling them up. "What are you doing?" I asked watching but didn't move an inch. He was too quick before I even made it across the floor he would stop me.

"One thing I don't like is being disrespected. You're coming with me whether you like it or not" I shook my head "N- no. I don't even know you" I stated looking at the door then him. I don't know this man and I didn't want to go anywhere with him.

He was watching me and gave me a look warning me not to even try it. I didn't. All he did was pack the bags, grabbed my arm and pulled me out of my room.

"Trust me you will"

*******

I didn't know what would be easier, fighting or giving in. The way he looked showed it would be better to give in but, I wasn't sure. I didn't know which option guaranteed my survival right now. All I could say was he was calm right now and I was still alive.

He kept quiet as he drove and he seems to be in deep thought the whole time. While I looked around I couldn't help but look at him. What the hell did he want with me? Was all this necessary? Did I really have to leave with him? He didn't speak the whole time and neither did I but I'm sure both of our minds were scattered.

Once he pulled in this big driveway, my eyes went wide and so did my mouth. It was a mansion. None of this was making any sense and he wasn't trying to explain it at all. He just expected me to go along with anything he said. I did in fear but, my mind was still everywhere. I was losing it.

He got out and was instantly by my door opening it holding his hand out but, I ignored it and heard a low growl come from him. I didn't do anything but look around seeing the distance from me and the gate. No way I could make it.

I looked over to him holding the bags as he watched me closely.

Maybe I should turn the attitude down a bit until I knew what was going on here. No telling how this man could be when he was angry. Last time he tried to hurt me he was smiling...