Parker Might Become a Gold Digger

In the time Parker took to change in a Port-A-Potty, find a cab to drive her back to S.T.A.R. Labs, then hide her belongings in a closet on level six hundred, some interesting news greeted her upon entering the Cortex. "Geomancer got away? What?!"

"I left him be handled by rookie cops," said Joe. "I have people looking for him."

"Lord," yelled Parker at the ceiling. "Give me strength to not fight this man!"

"Nobody else is worried about the time?" asked Iris.

"I like to ignore it for now," said Parker.

"They'll make it here before we close the breach," assured Jay.

"Actually, I was here to talk to you about something else," said Iris.

Jay raised his brow. "Oh, yeah, sure."

"My new editor wants me to write a scathing article on the Flash not being able to protect Central City," said Iris.

"Really?"

"I was hoping to write about you instead. Just as something to calm people until Barry got back."

"Iris, I don't know if that's the best idea," he admitted.

"I think that if people knew there was someone that could protect them, it would really help. Would you just think about it?" she asked.

"Write an article about the new hero in town," offered Parker.

"Are you talking about the girl at the scene of the Geomancer? With the Indiana Jones-looking hat?" asked Iris.

"And a World Series worthy swing?" continued Parker.

"You know," said Caitlin pointedly. "If you wanted to keep your secret identity on the DL, I think you should change your bat."

Parker rolled her eyes. "Should have known I couldn't have kept you guys out of the circle," she sighed.

An alarm cut their laughter short. The televisions turned on by themselves. It was Geomancer, pointing a camera at his own face. "There's a new speedster in town. You know, the one with the shiny helmet? Not the speedster I was hoping to crack, but, let's see how fast he is, Central City," he said.

"What about me? Give me some recognition!" yelled Parker.

Geomancer pushed the camera back into the hands of a camera man. He smashed the ground. The camera panned out, showcasing a building beginning to crumble.

"Give me the V-9," demanded Jay.

"We don't know how long it'll last," said Caitlin.

"We don't have time to find out," said Jay urgently.

Parker ran to the closet down the hall She set the hat on her head, attached the gun holster over her shoulders, then grabbed the wooden bat, instead of the metal. She jumped into Jay's arms.

"Parker," he tried.

"We don't have time to argue!" she insisted. "Run like the wind, Bullseye!"

Jay adjusted his grip on her body, then ran, racing to the scene before they could allow anyone to get hurt. He threw Parker to her feet at the end of the block. He ran inside to rescue the inhabitants. Parker climbed on a car, leaping across the parked vehicles lining the sidewalk, screaming, "Building's about to fall! Get out of the way!"

She watched people sprint to the other side of the street, helping one another, pushing each other to safety. Parker had no need to race to save people. The people of Central City were doing it themselves, saving each other. They were being heroes all by their own accord.