Chapter 21

{Emily POV}

"The closet." He said and I nodded. I hung up and walked over to my closet. I opened it and saw Impulse sitting in my closet.

"Impulse!" I yelled and he stood up.

"Sorry, hey at least I know where you're staying!" He said scratching the back of his head. I was going to call Tim after I called Dick but assumed that he wouldn't pick up. I pressed the button on my glove and the screen disappeared. I put the gloves under my bed and Impulse looked at me confused.

"Why are you hiding that?" He asked.

"I don't want Barry, Bart and Wally to find out that I brought these things with me." I said and he nodded.

"Hey can I ask you something?" He said and I nodded.

"Shoot." I said and he was about to speak when I heard a knock on my door.

"Uhm Emily Bart and I are going to the store are you coming too?" He said and I looked at Impulse.

"I'll ask it another time." He said and I nodded.

"See ya." He said and kissed my cheek before he raced away. I placed my hand on my cheek and Wally opened the door.

"Is there something wrong with your cheek?" He asked curious. I shook my head and we walked downstairs to the living room. Bart was watching TV but he turned it off and we left the house. We were walking towards the grocery store.

"So Emily how does it come that we never have seen you? I have known Dick for more than 5 years and he didn't even mention a word." Wally said and my eyes widened.

"Long story." I said too fast than normal. Wally noticed that and he chuckled.

"So how are your brothers doing?" He asked.

"Jason is with Tim making Alfred mad. Well they are trying at least and Damian is staying at Dick's apartment in Blüdhaven." I said and he nodded. We arrived at the grocery store nd picked up the things that we needed. I avoided eye contact and until we were at the check-out. I took out my credit card and was about to pay when Wally stopped me.

"I'll pay don't worry." He said but I protested.

"You already bought ice cream for me today so please let this be on me. It's nothing really." I said and he nodded. I paid for it and the lady behind the counter looked familiar. She looked at me pissed and that was the moment I recognised her. It was Peter's sister, Mia.

"What are you doing in Central City?" She asked me and I furrowed my eyes.

"Business, what are you doing in Central City?" I asked her rudely.

"Working." She said and Bart put a hand on my shoulder.

"Is something wrong?" He asked and she started laughing.

"New boyfriend already?" She said still laughing. I clenched my fists and Wally stopped me from hitting her.

"None of your business. Leave me alone and tell the Joker that he'll pay for what he's done." I said and she stopped laughing. I grabbed the grocery bags and left the store. Wally and Bart came running towards me and asked me what was wrong.

"That was one of the sisters from a boy that I used to date. He worked for the Joker and he used his charms to capture me and hand me to the Joker. It didn't work luckily because I was saved by Nightwing and Red Robin." I said and he stood there in surprise.

"I'm so sorry Emily." He said and I shrugged.

"I guess first love is always the hardest." I said and he nodded. We went to their house and when we entered I saw Batman and Barry talking to each other.