- Prologue [Edited] -

Caleb and I walked into the school. Of course, this was nothing new for us. The fourth school we had switched to within our highschool years. Half of freshmen, we transferred. Then rest and had to transfer once more. Only a few months of sophomore, and transferring was necessary. Overall, we had grow accustomed to the strange habits. It's not as if we didn't care, we did to an extent. But the matter was not how are our grades were, but how we impacted the school. The last three, we made a huge impact. It was fun, and it lead us to more trouble than it should've, but it was refreshing.

"Aah, Mazie. Another school. Maybe...we won't get in trouble. I have a feeling this school is different." Caleb grinned, looking ahead. The halls were empty, since we came a bit early to talk about our new schedules and all. The doors would open in 10 minutes, but we sneaked past the snoozing teacher. Caleb's hand unhooked from mine, and he spun around like a child. He was always more immature, even if he was older. But he made sure to keep serious when necessary.

"I doubt no trouble would happen, but maybe something new will," I smiled back. I couldn't help but love my excited brother. He was my family. He's loved me from the start, and no matter how obnoxious he got there was nothing that could stop me from loving him. Besides, he was the only true family I got. My parents...didn't exactly love me as much as they should. They didn't neglect me, and they paid for my education. It was great. But...I didn't receive affection like most kids probably did when younger. I learned how to grow on my own, with Caleb by my side.

The bell rang, meaning a hoard of students will flood the school. Caleb waved me goodbye, and stuck his tongue out. "I'll see you later Mazie~!" He turned around, rushing to find his locker. I should do the same. I took my time to find mine, even though it wasn't too far. I began to turn my lock, and some kid decided to beat against the lockers beside me. His shoulder leaned against the wall of lockers, and he looked at me. He wore a scarf, and his hair was interesting. But he was probably just someone here to waste my time. I paid no attention to him, and continued to put my stuff up.

"Hey. New girl." He tapped my shoulder. I continued to ignore him. What good could possibly come out of him? He tapped my shoulder again, more roughly now. "Hey! You're gonna want to pay attention if you want to survive in this school." I sighed, and barely glanced.

"What do you want? I'm busy here." A voice filled with annoyance, my basic tone. If it wasn't that, my voice was dripping with sarcasm; my best defense. He shoved a red letter towards me.

"Our school, is special. The student body created some fun game that everyone HAS to participate in. In that envelope, is your rank and the rules. Basic things." He shrugged. I was about to open it, but he stopped. "Don't open it until I leave, or Timothy will bite my head off. By the way, new girl, what's your name?"

"Mazie," I replied. I continued to observe the letter, and didn't even glance up when I asked, "What about you?"

"My name is Ace. Senior." He gave a grin, similar to how Caleb would. It was strange, seeing my own brother in someone else. But then again, highschool was weird enough.

"Okay then, Ace. Thanks for this, I guess? If I have any questions I'll go to you?" He gave a firm nod before beginning to walk off. He was almost in the next section of lockers before turning towards me.

"Welcome to the Games, Mazie. Enjoy, and survive as long as possible."