twelve

the comments kind of died after the q&a i am upset™

Jimin was losing terribly. Yoongi was waltzing around the arcade with a practical cape of tickets, while he had a measly fifteen shoved into his back pocket. Jimin wondered briefly just what he'd gotten himself into, but each time his mind would wander Yoongi would wink at him and purse his lips teasing and Jimin would remember. Cupcakes and kisses. Right.

Jimin had half the mind to pull Taehyung aside and ask him for help, but he already knew that Taehyung would tell him to just roll with it and live the life everyone at home would kill for. Jimin sighed as he walked up to the ski ball machine. Yoongi had already inserted his coins and was racking up points faster than Jimin could blink. Jimin did the same, but when he threw the ball it bounced off the protective glass right back at him.

"Jimin, oh my god." Yoongi laughed. Jimin poured at him and continued to play the game, or at least attempted to play the game. After six failed attempts at getting the ball to go under the glass, Yoongi decided to intervene. He grabbed onto Jimin's wrist on the upswing and dragged his hand back down. "Before you go and break the ramp, let me show you."

       "I thought you wanted to win?" Jimin questioned, letting Yoongi wrap himself around his body. Yoongi laughed directly into his ear and Jimin's fingers tingled at the sensation.

       "Jimin, I could give you everything in that bucket and still win. Anyway, like this–" Yoongi put his hand overtop Jimin's and drug them back down, letting the ball go lightly. It landed in the five thousand and Jimin practically squealed in excitement. Yoongi grinned at him and picked up the next ball.

       "Let me try," Jimin insisted, grabbing the ball from Yoongi. He sent it sailing up the ramp and Yoongi winced, but Jimin's sudden yell of triumph had him opening his eyes carefully. Jimin had managed to sink a perfect ten thousand, and with the added five thousand Yoongi had gotten him he was in the lead.

"Winner takes all," Jimin suddenly proposed. Yoongi looked at him incredulously, then to his own pile of tickets and compared them to Jimin's measly few. If Yoongi agreed and somehow Jimin won this game, Yoongi was going to be pissed. But he was never one to back down from a challenge.

"Let's do this, shall we?" Yoongi grabbed onto a ski ball and rolled it up the ramp, landing it in the four thousand slot. Jimin was next and only got a thousand, tying him with Yoongi. Jimin huffed and rolled the ball again, landing it in the five thousand. He stuck his tongue out at Yoongi and the older boy rolled his eyes.

        "Don't get cocky, you haven't won yet."

       "I can't believe I lost," Yoongi whined, slamming his head against the table. Jimin laughed and rested his hand in between Yoongi's shoulder blades in a fake attempt to comfort him. Jimin had won by a singular point, and Yoongi had spent five minutes trying to convince everyone in the arcade that Jimin had rigged it because ski ball doesn't give singular points, but all his attempts at solace were in vain as Jimin happily skipped to the ticket counter, his tickets in one hand and Yoongi's in the other.

       Now they were sat at their usual table in the small pink cafe that Jimin had recently found out was called Sugar and Spice. He wasn't quite sure where the spice aspect came into play, but he liked their cupcakes so he didn't look too much into it. Taehyung and Hoseok had gone back to the apartments after they left the arcade, seeing as it was getting late and they didn't want to be out too long. Yoongi had told Jimin that if they didn't get the cupcakes now he was going to be too stubborn to buy them tomorrow, so they'd made a pit stop at Sugar and Spice for a midnight snack.

       "That's what you get for being cocky." Jimin said simply, licking the top of his cupcake. He stopped short when Yoongi bright his hand up and hit the bottom of the cupcake, smearing icing all over Jimin's chin, mouth and nose. A little bit of the pink topping stained his right cheek. "Asshole."

       Yoongi laughed loudly and reached into his pocket for his phone, but Jimin was shoving a whole cupcake in Yoongi open mouth, paper and all. Yoongi glared at him and Jimin smiled sweetly at him, some of the strawberry icing falling off his chin onto the table.

       Jimin wiped his face on some napkins, not missing the way the poor employee behind the counter was glaring at them. Jimin nodded at them once before pulling Yoongi out of the shop, muttering a quiet sorry as they passed the front counter. Yoongi smacked the back of Jimin's head as he pulled the cupcake paper from his mouth.

"You idiot, you know I don't like the vanilla kind." Yoongi complained. Jimin just shrugged and they continued walking in silence – or near silence, since Yoongi was still grumbling over the fact he lost to Jimin by one point. Jimin's face was sticky, he could feel his skin pull right every time he twitched his nose. Yoongi deserves having to eat a vanilla cupcake, despite detesting the flavour.

       Yoongi stood awkwardly next to Jimin as the younger boy unlocked his door. Jimin had his hand on the knob and was looking at Yoongi expectantly, waiting for him to go to own apartment door so they could yell their goodnights in regular fashion. Yoongi didn't move.

       "Uh, goodnight, Yoongi. See you later." Jimin went to push the door open but Yoongi grabbed onto his wrist, preventing him from escaping into his warm apartment. "What–"

       "You haven't gotten the rest of your prize yet." Yoongi said. Jimin swallowed nervously; he was hoping Yoongi had forgotten about the other half of the deal. Jimin shifted on his feet and pulled his shoulders up to his ears.

       "Ah, don't feel um, obligated to do that. It's no big deal. Goodnight." Jimin pulled his face down into his sweater, but before he could weasel his way between the doorframe and the wood Yoongi had ahold of his chin, tightly his head to the side.

       Jimin squinted his eyes closed and held his breath, practically pulling his lips into his mouth to try and keep them away from Yoongi. He was pleasantly surprised when a cold pair of lips ghosted across his cheek. Yoongi let go of Jimin's chin immediately afterward and backed up.

       "Goodnight, Jimin." Yoongi said. Jimin nodded and walked into his apartment, trying to shut the door calmly behind him. Taehyung was sitting on the couch, a knowing grin on his face.

       "Shut up." Jimin grumbled, pulling his sweater up to hide his blush.