Baby Mama

Truth is, I'll never know all there is to know about you just as you will never know all there is to know about me. Humans are by nature too complicated to be understood fully. So, we can choose either to approach our fellow human beings with suspicion or to approach them with an open mind, a dash of optimism and a great deal of candour. -Tom Hanks

The face is the mirror of the mind, and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart. - St. Jerome
___________
12:51 am

"Thought you would be heading home by now." Valens says to Rush as he put on his coat, calling it a night.

"Thought so too but the question is if Y/N and Hailee had a baby together, why did she leave?" Rush looks at a file. "Most of all, Did she have something to do with Y/N's death?"

3:12 am

Rush began driving to location where in the file showed.

Hailee was a former business manager to a fashion store for 4 years but gave up her position, no criminal record but according to the file she turned herself in a rehab center and then she was sent to a facility.

3:42 am

"Hailee, you have a visitor." the doctor knocks on the door as he and Detective Rush both entered the room.

Hailee turns around to see the doctor and Detective Rush, confuse to why they were here especially at time in the middle of the night.

"Hailee, this is Detective Rush she would like to ask you a few questions." the doctor introduces then leaves the room.

Hailee looks at Detective Rush, still confuse to why she was here at this time of night, visiting. "You do know what the time is, right?"

"When it is important,  it doesn't really matter if what the time is."
Hailee crosses her arms as she looks at Detective Rush "Why are you here?"

"Y/N Y/L/N is why I'm here." Detective Rush tells her, making Hailee uncross her arms.

"Y/N." Hailee's eyes began to tear up but quickly wiped her eyes "I'm sorry. I haven't seen Y/N since we were with our son."

"Is there a reason why you're here?" Detective Rush asks as they both sat down.

Hailee nods her head "Y/N's death really hit me hard and during that time before she died, I was diagnose with a mental illness.  Our son was with her at all times since I wasn't stable for him to be taken care of and it's only when I had some treatment that I'm able to take care of him, I got to see him a couple of times during a month."

"You went to Buster's one night and a witness said you arrived, confronting Y/N. What happened that night?"

Hailee shakes her head "Nothing else. I didn't speak to Y/N for 2 days until she came to visit me with Christian."

Detective Rush looks at Hailee, carefully "When you confronted Y/N when you found her at Buster's, what did you mean by what you said to her?"

Hailee sighs "I was heartbroken that night. Y/N and I broke up after 2 years together but then I noticed something different from her, coming home late, lipstick on the collar of her shirt and a sweet smell that she would never wear.  I found out later and two days after confronting her she came with Christian to visit me."

-Flashback -

Both Hailee and Y/N sat on the bench as Christian rested his head on Y/N's shoulder, sleeping after a long day of spending time with both of his parents.

"Hailee, " Hailee looks at Y/N after she called her. "I'm sorry for breaking your heart."

"Y/N, why didn't you tell me the reason why?" Hailee wipes her eyes "You knew if I knew the reason why I would've understand."

Y/N looks down then looks at her "I know but at the same time I wasn't sure. I mean you were in rehab, getting better but I felt like if I told you it would effect you from treatment and think it had something to do with you."

"Y/N, you and I were best friends before  we started dating and when we had Christian together . You still could've told me the truth." Hailee rubs Christian's head softly.

Y/N sighs. "I'm sorry." staying quiet after.

"Do you love them, Y/N?" Hailee asks Y/N a question she had been wanting to know.

Y/N looks down and nods her head.

"Do they know, Y/N?"

Y/N nods her head again. "Yeah they know."

Hailee holds Y/N's hand "Y/N, what matters to me is that you're happy and your happiness is important."

Y/N looks at Hailee, held on to her hand  "Best friends?"

"Always." Hailee hugs Y/N's arm.

-Flashback ended-

"After talking to her that day, we remained friends. About a week later, Y/N and I celebrated Christian's birthday together, that day watching Y/N and Christian bond was a beautiful thing to see especially since they were really close and those two were inseparable." Hailee began to cry "The day after that I was in the middle of treatment when I found out Y/N passed away."

Detective Rush hands Hailee a box of tissues as Hailee began to wipe the tears off. "Y/N was important to you."

"Very important. I couldn't be able to see Christian without having a break down and he was so much like Y/N that it hurt so much. The last time I saw him was at Y/N's funeral, he looked so.." Hailee sigh "It was a look that Y/N would make so no one would know."
"Who was the person Y/N fell in love with?" Detective Rush asked.

"You mean who were they? The same girls who are watching over my son. Fifth Harmony."

__________
Hope you all enjoyed the chapter

What do you think will happen?

What do you want to happen next?

Question of the Day: What's something that makes you cry?

Until next time, take care of yourself and each other