Chapter 8

Song of the Day - Kiiara - Gold

***

"I'm serious Ava. Try anything and you're toasted." Noah points out.

"I get it! Geez! Keep your hair on your head!" I yell at him. I turn to leave the room but he grabs my arm. He pushes me against the door and I gasp.

"Ava, I'm not joking around with you." He continues, "And stop giving me damn attitude."

"Why? What if I run away? You're a damn monster anyways." I say coldly at him.

He lets go of my hand and moves backward looking at me.

"If you run away, I'll track you down and kill you myself. I'll also make it look like a bloody accident too." He says coldly back.

No. He wouldn't...

"Oh yes honey, I would." He smirks, answering my question. "And you know what plan B will be if plan A doesn't work?"

I gulp. "No."

"Let's just say, I know everything about you... That means I know your family and your friends. They'll be on my kill list next. Understood?" He says.

I nod slowly. He takes my arm once more and pulls me aside. He then let's go of it and leaves my room.

Well, there goes my brilliant plan. Damn it. Now I'm never gonna see my family again.

I start to cry. Cora comes back into the room smiling but the smile fades when she sees me.

"Are you okay? What happened." She asks.

"Your brother told me that if I try to escape while we go out, he'll find me and kill me. And if that doesn't work..." I burst into more tears. I can't take this anymore. I hate it here. I want to go home.

"Hey, don't cry," Cora says, patting my back. "Come on. Let's go shopping and prove him wrong okay?"

"O-okay I-I'll go c-change," I say. I'm such a big baby. I wipe my eyes and I stop my crying.

I go to the bathroom and change into a baby pink dress and some white comfortable flats. I let my hair out and quickly add on some light makeup to my face.

"Ready?" Cora asks me when I reenter the room.

"Yeah," I say and we leave.

The guys are still in the living room watching television. Tony turns and when he sees me, he smiles. I then start to blush. Again.

Damn it, Ava. Stop!

"Where are you guys going?" He asks us curiously and that's when Noah and Max turn around.

I start staring at the floor. I don't want to look at Noah right now.

Wrong. I don't want to see that asshole for the rest of my life.

"Shopping," Cora says simply. There's a slight pause and my curiosity gets the best of me. I slightly look up and I see Noah's blue eyes making contact with mine. I quickly look at the floor again.

"Don't stay out too long." He say in a serious tone.

"We won't." Cora says to him.

I stay silent throughout their exchange. She then grabs my arm and leads me to the front door.

She yells, "We're leaving!" Reassuring them and we go outside.

I don't recognize anything.

There are some houses nearby that are similar to Noah's and I notice that we are near a forest. I shiver. It might look fine now, but I'm pretty sure when it gets dark, it looks creepy. You can pretty much murder someone and just dump them there!

On the driveway, there are two cars. A black BMW and a silver Mercedes Benz. Cora points at the BMW, saying that it's hers and we jump into the car. I'm guessing Noah's car is in the garage if he has one and the Benz is Max's or Tony's.

We start heading down the road and I see more houses similar to Noah's.

Kiiara's Gold is playing through the speakers while we drive. Cora brings down the car windows and I put my head out the window like a dog, ready to stick out my tongue.

God, it feels good to get some breeze.

As we drive, I can see a tall rollercoaster in the distance which most likely means there's a fair or amusement park nearby.

We end up driving for another twelve to fifteen minutes until Cora turns into a parking lot. As she's searching for an open spot, I look around as a few people are scattered, some entering or leaving their cars behind and walking around. Cora passes by one of the entrances of the establishment that portraits a big sign saying, Vaughan Mills.

I remember Noah's warning about not making a scene. Apart of me kind of trusts him even though I barely know the guy but I also have to be careful if I ever want to escape and I really don't think now's that time.

She finally finds a parking next to the reserved parking for handicapped and expecting mothers.

"Come on. Let's go shopping!" She says excitedly while taking off her seatbelt and turning off the car.