Chapter 10 - Getting "Ready"

Yo, long time no see! Or read. Or-

Anyway, I'm here to inform you that there will be no smut in this chapter. Ya, I didn't mean to make you draw to that conclusion. It was simply a joke, my bad...

On to the chapter!

Oh and there's a bit of a switching POV's just a little change up.

After breakfast, I spend the rest of the day in the library. Not all my time went into cleaning the library. Fortunately, the mess wasn't that bad as Bill described it. I finished organizing the books alphabetically. I took a step back to view my cleaning effort. The tables had proper tablecloth, the floors were polished, and the bookshelves were dusted off. I examined every inch of its beauty.

"Oh, Mabel." I hear Sam calling me. I turned around to see his brown eyes filled with excitement, hoping it's not one of his pranks again.

"Hey, Sam." I weakly greeted, tired from cleaning.

"It's time!" Sam threw his arms up, thrilled.

"Time for what?" I nervously asked.

"The Ball!"

"What Ball?" That's right. Bill did say something about a surprise tonight, but a ball?

"It's more like a dance instead of a ball." Sam said, taking the words out of my mouth, "Well, what are you waiting for? Let's get you dressed!" Sam took my hand, not resisting, we ran out of the library.

As we enter my bedroom, I let go of Sam's hand. I rushed over to my bed where the dress was laid out. Sam exited out of the room as I begin to change. My body was filled with excitement as I view myself in the mirror. The yellow dress has loose sleeves and it reaches down to my ankles. That's when reality hit me.

My little crush on Bill is a dead end. Even if Bill falls in love with me, he would fall for Mabel. Not me. I collapsed on the floor, feeling like an idiot. Feeling like an idiot was just the beginning as my own voice starts haunting me. This is your fault you worthless faggot. If only you stayed on the straight path, you wouldn't feel any pain right now.

I shook my head. No. I shouldn't be thinking stuff like that. I wiped away the tear slowly forming in my eyes and put on the matching heels. As I stood up, I tried balancing on the heels. When I was managing to get some balance, I started practicing walking in them. It took some time but I was managing to walk in them. I called Sam in to do my "hair".

Sam designed the wig in a bun with some loose curls. I carefully placed the wig on my head. I look myself at the mirror, once again. At first, I couldn't recognize myself. Instead, I saw Mabel.

Back home, Mabel was considered the most attractive one between the both of us. Which made no sense because we were identical twins. Some days, I would agree with the majority and today was one of those days. Mabel's eyes always sparkle. Morning to Night, Mabel's eyes would always sparkle. Mabel's skin would always be soft and healthy. I can't believe I'm jealous of my twin. I chuckled on the thought.

"A beauty to my eyes." Sam commented as he placed his hands on my shoulder. I turned around, facing Sam.

"Just one more night and you're free." Sam said weakly, "I'll miss you, faggot." Sam joked.

"I'll miss you too, jackass." I said, playfully punching him in the shoulder. Sam and I exited the bedroom walking into the ballroom, as Sam escorts me. At first, it kind of grossed me out. But it's the last thing I will be doing, as Mabel.

Bill's POV

I pace around the ballroom, making sure everything is in the right places. The floors were mopped, pictures were dusted, the windows cleaned, everything sparkling. "I think that should do it." I said to myself.

I quickly snapped my fingers, changing my clothes and brushing my hair. I examined myself with a nearby mirror on a table. Man Do I Look Good Tonight's the night, I can feel it. The night this curse will be lifted of me. I rejoiced, throwing my hands in the air. I heard the doors open, indicating that Mabel is ready.

I walked over to the entrance to find Mabel looking stunning, Sam escorting her. As Mabel walks down the polished stairs, she lets go of Sam. I held out my forearm for her taking. Mabel hesitated; instead she took both of my hands and held them close.

"I want to thank you." Mabel says as she looks down at my hand.

Confused and curious, I asked, "For what? I should be the one thanking you. I haven't had much company in the longest time. You made feel like I human once again."

Mabel looks up at me and nodded," Now, may I have this dance?" I look over Mabel's shoulder where Sam was standing; I singled him to start the music. Sam pulled the curtains where a small orchestra begins to play. I take the lead as we start to dance.

Dipper's POV

What am I doing? While dancing with Bill, A thought came to mind. One, I'm actually excited to leave this place, stop wearing dresses, wigs, and back to Gravity Falls. Sure it was fun but all I want right now is this nightmare to be over already. Sure, there's my man crush. But I convinced myself-before entering the ballroom- that it was just a phase.

I wanted to thank Bill for the first time. I wanted to thank him for having mercy when he had the world in his hands. But it's best if I didn't. I don't want it to seem like I care for the guy. It's just a phase after all.