Captain America: Winter Soldier

"On your left." Steve said as he ran passed the man. It was early in the morning. Really early, but that's what time Steve Rogers got up for his morning run. He continued to say that to the man as he passed him over and over and over again. And as dawn turned into day, the man had heard it too many times.

"Need a medic?" Steve asked as he walked towards the man he had been running past. The man was sitting against the tree holding his stomach.

"I need a new set of lungs." The man said with a chuckle. Steve stood infront of him, smiling a bit. "Dude, you just ran, like, thirteen miles in thirty minutes."

"Guess I got a late start." Steve responded, which made the other man smirk.

"You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap. Did you just take it? I assumed you just took it."

"What unit were you in?" Steve asked, still smiling.

"Fifty-eighth Pararescue. Now I'm working down at the VA." The man holds his hand out to the Captain, who immeadiately helps the man up, "Sam Wilson."

"Steve Rogers."

"Kind of put that together." Sam says as he leans back, still winded from his run, "Must've freaked you out. Coming home after the whole defrosting thing."

"Takes some getting used to." Steve grins as Sam smiles. "It's good to meet you, Sam." The older man says as he turns around.

"It's your bed, right?" Sam calls out. It makes Steve turn around. It's not just his bed. It's also the person missing in it.

"What's that?" The Captain asks.

"Your bed. It's too soft. Over there I slept on the ground and used rocks for pillows like a caveman. Now I'm home and lying on my bed-"

"It's like lying on a marshmellow. Feels like I'm going to sink right to the floor. How long?" Steve asks.

"Two tours. You must miss the good ol' days?" Sam says, grinning. Steve smiles sadly.

"Well things aren't so bad. Food's a lot better, we used to boil everything. No polio is good. Internet, so helpful. Been reading that a lot, trying to catch up." Steve says and Sam chuckles, thinking of something.

"1972, Troubleman soundtrack. Everything you missed jammed into one album." Sam tells Steve. The blonde nods and pulls out that list that Clara had written him so long ago. The list that she made for him when they both thought she was going to die later that week. Oh how wrong they were. He kept the list with the, continuing to write things down, adding to what Clara had already had written for him.

"I'll put it on the list." Steve says as he writes it down. As soon as he tucks Clara's notebook back in his hand, his phone beeps. He pulls it out and sees a text from Natasha. "Alright, Sam, duty calls. Thanks for the people, if that's what you want to call it." He says shaking the other man's hand.

"Oh, that's how it is?" Sam smirks, which makes Steve smirk.

"Oh that's how it is."

"Okay. Anytime you want to stop by the VA and make me look awesome infront of the girl at the front desk, just let me know." Sam chuckles as Steve walks backwards towards the curb.

"I'll keep it in mind" Steve responds as Natasha pulls up. She rolls down the window facing the two men.

"Hey fellas, either of you know where the Smithsonian the? I'm here to pick up a fossil." Natasha jokes as Steve walks towards the car.

"You're hilarious." He says as he climbs in.

"How you doing?" Sam asks, squatting down to look at Natasha.

"Hey." She smirks. Steve turns his head to look at Sam.

"Can't run everywhere." He grins and Sam shakes his head.

"No you can't." He responds as the black car speeds off.

-

Ice lifted her fist, but it was immediately grabbed by the Soldier's metal hand. She grunted and pulled his hand forward and slammed her knee into his stomach. The Asset grunted and grabbed her knee, shoving her backward. Ice stumbled backwards, her unnatural blue eyes looking up at him. She quickly got up and ran towards the soldier. The woman launched herself up and jumped onto the Soldier's shoulders. She wrapped her thighs around his neck and squeezed. The Winter Soldier tried to pry her thighs from around his neck, but she just squeezed tighter. Ice was thrown off just as Pierce walked into the room. The woman hurriedly got up.

"You two follow me. We need to talk." Alexander Pierce says as he walks out of the room. Both the Soldier's and Ice quickly follow after him out the door.

"I have an important mission for you both. This mission is going to bring us out of the shadows and into the light." The man continues as they all walk down the hall. Ice stops momentarily, her eyebrows furrowing.

"What is the mission, sir?" She asks. Pierce stops walking, as does the Winter Soldier. Pierce turned to look at him, clasping his hands together once more as he walks towards the woman. The Soldier's fist clench as he turns to look at the two.

"You will find out in due time, Ice. All you need to know that if this mission fails, it means your end, do you understand me?" He asks, getting too close for the Soldier's liking. Ice looks up at Pierce, her face stotic as she nods.

"Yes sir." She responds and Pierce grins.

"Hail Hydra." He says, looking at his two best assassins. The Soldier turns around fully, his metal arms gleaming in the artifical light.

"Hail Hydra." They respond in unison, their voices mixed together. Ice's unnaturally blue meet the grey ones of the Winter Soldier. Pierce turned around and continued to walk down the hallway, the two agents following behind him.