Chapter 2

"I'm tired," I say as I pull on his hand, trying to make him stop walking. 

"Just a few more minutes. I promise, I'll find a wolf somewhere," he replies pulling me up the hill. 

"Miles," I sigh, "I'm really tired. I can't hold the shield any longer," I say to him and he nods as he stops walking. 

"I need you to shield yourself. I'm going to try this village. They should know where we are. I'll get you some clothes to wear too and I'll bring some food so you can keep up your energy." He says and let's go of my hand. 

"Don't leave me here," I take a step towards him and he shakes his head. 

"I'm not leaving you. I never will," he smiles at me as he holds my hand. "But I can't take you with me. I need you to wait here," he says lifting my hand and kissing it softly. 

I nod slowly as he let's go of my hand. 

He disappears behind the hill and I start counting to keep my racing heart from exploding. I was powerful, but with power came danger. I could not do anything without Miles. He was my rock. By my side forever. I had never stepped out of the house for years,until yesterday. 

We had been walking for hours and hours, going to villages and towns, but Miles could not scent out a wolf. He had said he was going to try this last one. I needed food, I needed something to wear. Anything. Miles had given me his jumper and I had worn it under my robe and secured my robe around my body tightly so nobody could see me.

I never wore clothes. Cameron never allowed me too. When I was ten years old, he would give me very short skirts to wear and I felt uncomfortable. When I grew up, the skirts were replaced with very very short shorts. When I turned 14, the clothes were gone. It was lingerie and working in that while men came and touched me. They could do nothing else but look and touch. Until I was 16. I was forced to walk through the house with nothing on for weeks. For anyone to come and do whatever they wanted. I could not move for days, until I had begged Cameron to let me wear clothes. He had said no clothes but I could wear lingerie. I did anything to cover up. 

I feel the world slow down as I see Vampires flashing around me. I stop breathing,praying my shield is still making me invisible. I don't move as I hear them talk. 

"I can smell his scent. He's close by." Mike says standing in front of me, oblivious to the fact that I was also there. 

Miles. 

They run up the hill and disappear as I stay frozen in my spot. 

I wait, counting to a hundred before I see Miles running down the hill. I run towards him and grab a hold of his hand, the shield wrapping itself  around him. 

"Don't scare me like that," he pants, holding onto the bags. 

"I'm sorry," I quickly apologise and he smiles looking at me. 

"They're close by and we need to go. Do you think you can flash us out of here? Another ten miles and we would find wolves." He tells me and I nod as he smiles at me. 

"Let's go. I stole some food and clothes," he says and I smile as I hold onto his hand tightly and flash us out of there. I run faster, until I feel my energy slowly disappearing. 

"I have to stop," I say as I let go of his hand and lean against the tree. I feel the tiredness kick in my body and I collapse onto the ground. 

"Here, drink," he kneels down next to me and opens a water bottle for me. I drink the water, letting it cool my throat. 

My magic would drain me easily when I was young until I had learnt how to control it. I had killed a vampire when he had hit me. Cameron had allowed me to kill him because Cameron did not let anyone else hurt me. He had tied the vampire to the wall and told me to let go. I had let go of my magic and the man had exploded into mist but I had collapsed onto the ground.