Chapter Twenty Nine

Had he done this because of what I said? How I was upset because he ended the night early because Nick was making me happy...

This could be a form of an apology.

We walked back to his car silently. I didn't know what to say.

When we finally reached the car the noise of it unlocking was the first sound that took me from my thoughts. Seth looked distant.

"Please don't drive yet" I mumbled. Finally, he looked at me, arching one eyebrow in question while leaning against the car.

"You look lost and I really don't want to die in a car crash"

He blinked for a moment.

"I could drive with my eyes shut"

"Please don't"

His eyes suddenly disappeared from my face and went beyond me. His eyes widened and his mouth parted, "What the hell is behind you?"

My heart drop and goosebumps appeared. The hair stood up on my neck, "S-stop messing"

"Don't move..... what the hell-"

Suddenly a small thump came from behind me. That was all I needed. I let out a high pitch screech and ran, refusing to look behind me.

BRAHMS BRAHMS BRAHMS BRAHMS!!!

"EVIE WAIT, I'M MESSING!" I heard him yell after me.

Messing my ass, I heard the noise. I shut my eyes and blocked my ears which was of course an incredibly stupid thing to do when you're running extremely fast.

I screamed as I stumbled over a dead body, which was probably a rock and not a real dead body but my imagination was flying.

I winced as I skidded against the ground. I was rolled onto my bottom and I winced, rubbing my sore knee. Footsteps appeared and I shivered.

"Are you alive?"

I pushed myself up but didn't look at him. My eyes searched our surroundings, waiting for the creature to attack us. I was terrified right now.

"I was joking, calm down"

"I heard it"

"No, I threw a small rock behind you and it made that noise"

My eyes went to his and I could see the honesty. My jaw dropped, "Why... you know how much that would scare me!" I was lucky I wasn't crying from fear.

"It was funny"

"Funny?" I pushed myself up, "I could have died from a heart attack or get mauled by a bear since I ran off alone! You took me out so I wouldn't be scared and now you're sending me home terrified!"

"It's your fault for being a coward" He narrowed his eyes.

"Where did this sudden change come from?" I stared at him in surprise.

"I'm always like this" He reminded me.

I didn't know what to say or do. It was like that moment earlier didn't happen. Suddenly his face softened, "I didn't mean to go that far"

Why had I told him my whole life? The thing I wanted to keep a secret? Why did I have to tell a guy like him! He just confused me and I-

I didn't know what else to think.

"Let's forget" I mumbled.

"Forget?" His eyebrows pulled together.

"You said earlier when I wouldn't tell you about my past I should forget about everything you said"